Horizontal Lines in Camera?

ErikWithNoC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
So I've posted this question on other forums and have not gotten any responses. I decided to now ask it here and I hope one of you will be able to shed some light on the problem.

I just recently started taking note of a problem with my iPhone's camera. I got the phone around March I believe, and I think a month ago this problem started, but I didn't pay much attention to it. When I launch the camera app I can see blue/other colored lines running horizontally through the screen (this isn't a pixel problem because it's only in the camera). They are most notable in shots without much light (with light its not quite as bad), but they are driving me nuts and I don't know why they are there. I would really like to not return my phone since it's jailbroken and has been customized extensively. I've also attached a picture for reference.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
my phone does this in the dark as well. You would have to show me a picture in normal daylight before I could make assumptions.

ErikWithNoC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
my phone does this in the dark as well. You would have to show me a picture in normal daylight before I could make assumptions.

Ok, well here are three more screenshots. The first one is looking at a lamp, the second is closer to the lamp, and then the third is a view of my computer room (yes, it's very unorganized) with the overhead lights on (and the lamp of course).

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Take it to an Apple store... that looks like your camera is messed up. If it is a hardware issue, they'll probably give you a new iPhone, so back up your stuff ahead of time!

ErikWithNoC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you have a hardware issue.

Take it to an Apple store... that looks like your camera is messed up. If it is a hardware issue, they'll probably give you a new iPhone, so back up your stuff ahead of time!

Dang, that's a bummer. I might just have to wait it out till iOS 5. If I get a new iPhone it will probably be with the newest firmware (4.3.3?) which I hear is a little different with themes. I've got a severely modified OS7 Dreamboard mod running, along with a whole host of other things that will truly be a pain to back up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77