Problem downloading iOS 4.2.8

soulfetcher13

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I am jailbroken on 4.2.6, but don't know if that matters. I am on my 7th attempt trying to download 4.2.8, every time it gets to within .1 MB of being completely downloaded it stalls and said the connection timed out, or it will download it all and while processing it will say the connection timed out. I have reset my wifi network, but i dont know what else to do??

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I am jailbroken on 4.2.6, but don't know if that matters. I am on my 7th attempt trying to download 4.2.8, every time it gets to within .1 MB of being completely downloaded it stalls and said the connection timed out, or it will download it all and while processing it will say the connection timed out. I have reset my wifi network, but i dont know what else to do??

What operating system are you running on your computer?
What jailbreak method are you using? Redsn0w, Pwnagetool, Sn0wbreeze?

wboyle3

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Possibly you have something installed through Cydia still that is hindering the update?

If not just back up your phone through iTunes and do a complete restore and then update. That should do it.

soulfetcher13

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't get past the initial download, meaning it is never really getting to the phone. I am now and have been trying my wife's un-jailbroken iphone which she just got a couple of days ago, but somehow it still is not working??

lmittell

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're running Windows, are you sure the Windows firewall isn't lurking in the background? Even when you install a firewall like Zone Alarm, Avast, Kaspersky, or whatever, the Windows firewall remains on the job unless you specifically turn it off.

If that doesn't help, I imagine an Apple or Verizon store would update iOS for you. Be sure to back up your phone beforehand.

Larry

soulfetcher13

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
That's what I will have to do. I did specifically turn the firewall off but did not work. I'm not really computer illiterate but this has me kinda stumped as it were. Oh well

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
True, diabaling my anti-virus allowed me to update. Maybe try to shut down your anti-virus completely and then update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77