Fake Caller ID

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay so somebody (could be a friend, one of my brothers...who knows I can't get anyone to fess up to it) has been using one of those fake caller id apps to prank call me repeatedly. Is there a way to block this....or is the phone actually thinking it is the fake number calling it? I don't want to have to change my number, but 45 minutes every night for the last 2 weeks is driving me completely nuts. Plus if it is one of my siblings, its only a matter of minutes before he gets the new number from someone else in my family.

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I would ask your service provider if they somehow have access to the real number, and are able to block it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are jailbroken get iblacklist from Cydia and just block the number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem with that is that it's faked caller ID. For example the person is making my phone think that my mom is calling me but it's not actually her. I think a number change might be my only option at this point. I guess then I'll set up a google voice number and give that out. At least then I can block all those calls if it starts again and then the people I know aren't pranking me can call me through my real number.

_zguy__#IM

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I dont know but ive seen adds for an android that will reveal numbers of callers with a secret number, or using a fake number so look for an app like that
Changing the number would only work till they find the number again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2