iphone 4 Poor Call Quality

TechNoid

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My iphone 4 has very poor phone call quality. I have had it exchanged twice, so this is my 3rd phone. All have been brand new, out of the box.

Is crystal clear communication a dream on this phone? Other than that it is pretty good. Don't like the auto correct spelling though.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
no problems with mine, 5 months strong. either you're really unlucky or could be your location

autocorrect is something you just get used to. you can turn it off if needed:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-Correction > Off

TechNoid

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
no problems with mine, 5 months strong. either you're really unlucky or could be your location

autocorrect is something you just get used to. you can turn it off if needed:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-Correction > Off

Thanks! I have full signal strength. Thanks for the Auto Correct tip.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I know when I talk to certain people it always sounds muffled. I don't know if its their phone or mine. Maybe its my Defender case muffling it. But, I do have a hard time hearing some calls. Not all calls though.

TechNoid

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I know when I talk to certain people it always sounds muffled. I don't know if its their phone or mine. Maybe its my Defender case muffling it. But, I do have a hard time hearing some calls. Not all calls though.

Thanks. My problem is they can't hear me. I can hear them, but at times, they can't make out a word I am saying. It is all muffled and distorted. This happens when I am calling to a land line.

I have had this problem on 3 iphones.

I have called my voice mail at home to listen to the sound quality and it is definitley very bad at times.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thanks. My problem is they can't hear me. I can hear them, but at times, they can't make out a word I am saying. It is all muffled and distorted. This happens when I am calling to a land line.

I have had this problem on 3 iphones.

I have called my voice mail at home to listen to the sound quality and it is definitley very bad at times.

Sounds like the service and not the hardware. Chances of three brand new phones having the same issue like that is slim to none.

TechNoid

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the service and not the hardware. Chances of three brand new phones having the same issue like that is slim to none.

No, it is definitely the iphone. My old Nokia and Blackberry have crystal clear sound quality.

In fact, when I call my friends with an iphone from my land line, they at times are illegible.

Oh well. The OS is wicked and I have awesome apps. I wish the battery life was not so crappy. Sometimes, my pockets are a little full carrying around a charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2