No little red circle on message icon

simonsez#IM

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My name is Kevin, I have been lurking here for a while, and now have a question.

I have the VZW IPhone 4, when i get an email the mail icon gets the little red circle with the number of emails in it. When i get text messages, there is no red circle, only a little bubble in the top status bar. Is this normal, i thought i remembered a red circle on the message icon too? Thanks for any help! This is a great resource for a newb like me!

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's because of you have it set where your texts pop-up automatically, youve already technically read it so it won't count as a new unread text.

ledhalen

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Wrong Answer

Yup this is your answer.

I know this thread is quite old but I'm not satisfied with the answer provided. I was having the same issue as simonsez aka "kevin" and managed to figure this out on my own.

The correct answer is: his badge app icon notification is turned off. To fix this go to: settings/notifications/messages, and where it says "badge app icon" turn the switch to "on". Your messages icon will now have a red circle with numbers in it whenever you receive text/iMessages regardless of whether you have visual banners/alerts style turned on.

VicArg

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi!! I have the same issue with all of the facebook apps.
I have gone to Settings(Notifications/ and in each app I do have the Badge App Icon, but still no redbubble.
It's kind of anoying cause I have to get into facebook/messenger/instagram to remind me that I still have some unread notifications.

Any help would be appreciated!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4