Getting my First iPhone Friday!!!

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to introduce myself. I will be getting my first iPhone ever this Friday. Gonna get the 16GB through AT&T. I'm really excited. Better late than never. I am coming from a Blackberry Curve 8900 so this will be a huge step. Used Android for a while and I liked it but didn't like all the lags and hiccups. I have no idea what apps are good or what to do first when I get it lol. Anyway, just wanted to post and say how I'll be joining the wonderful world of iOS.

Not that anyone knows but can if this June an iPhone 5 comes out, what is the best way to go about getting that? I saw a site called cashforiphones.com. Is this any good or is it dangerous?

How likely is it that Apple will not release an iPhone 5 this June?

Got my first Macbook last year and never looked back. :cool:

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
No one know for sure when the next iPhone will come out more than you do. Only thing you can do is look at rumors which are just that rumors. That said, their are lots of rumors that the iPhone 5 will not be out till possibly fall this year.

As far as getting the new one when it is finally available. Do not sell your iPhone to some crap site like the one you mentioned. They completely low ball. Ebay is one of the better ways to go as you can get way more by skipping the middle man and selling directly to the person that wants it and is willing to pay what it's actually worth.

Finally, welcome.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No one know for sure when the next iPhone will come out more than you do. Only thing you can do is look at rumors which are just that rumors. That said, their are lots of rumors that the iPhone 5 will not be out till possibly fall this year.

As far as getting the new one when it is finally available. Do not sell your iPhone to some crap site like the one you mentioned. They completely low ball. Ebay is one of the better ways to go as you can get way more by skipping the middle man and selling directly to the person that wants it and is willing to pay what it's actually worth.

Finally, welcome.

Lol, I love how you answer in reverse.

And I agree, you can get more by taking the time to sell it yourself on eBay. You know you'll be selling it in a few months, so take good care of it, get a case maybe? Keep all documents, box, accessories, everything. Makes it more appealing to a buyer when it comes time to sell.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Finally, welcome.

Thanks. Wasn't sure on the site so I figured I would ask. What I really want to know about is the call quality on the iPhone 4? I mean its had several iOS updates so was this ever properly addressed?

Lol, I love how you answer in reverse.

And I agree, you can get more by taking the time to sell it yourself on eBay. You know you'll be selling it in a few months, so take good care of it, get a case maybe? Keep all documents, box, accessories, everything. Makes it more appealing to a buyer when it comes time to sell.

Appreciate the response. I definitely plan on getting a case and screen protector. I never through out my electronic boxes lol. Any suggestions where to get a really good case? Apple and AT&T want $29 for a bumper. I've always been a fan of the silicon cases. The online store through this site doesn't have that bad of prices?

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone on Verizon, so it'll be a bit different for you, but my call quality is AMAZING. I had a BlackBerry Tour, and this thing rocks in comparison. Sometimes I have to ask if the person on the other line is still there... there's NO background noise. It's incredible.

Amazon is a great place to get cases, as long as you research them first and find the one you want. I have the Incase Slider Case in black , and it's AMAZING. Phone fits snugly and the case just LOOKS like it's high quality. Feels great in the hand, with more traction than the back of the phone but not so much it's a pain to get in and out of your pocket. Can't recommend it enough!

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone on Verizon, so it'll be a bit different for you, but my call quality is AMAZING.

Agreed, I've never had a problem with call quality either. Although this could also vary depending on where you are using the phone geographically.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your post. AT&T has excellent coverage here and Verizon just isn't an option with plans and prices. I just fear calls will drop with AT&T's wonderful network lol. I hope since its available on Verizon that AT&T's network has improved. After running a speedtest on ym friend's AT&T iPhone I got 4.50mb down.

Nice case by the way. How are the $29 bumper cases available through AT&T and Apple? I like those.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think I'll love it too. I still don't know why it doesn't have speed dial or at least some sort of LED notifier like blackberry does. Wish Apple allowed more customization like themes and different keyboards like android does.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think I'll love it too. I still don't know why it doesn't have speed dial

That's what the favorites tab in the phone app is for. The only difference is instead of hitting a number assigned to a person, your just hitting their name, which in my opinion is better since you won't have to remember which number you assigned someone to.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think I'll love it too. I still don't know why it doesn't have speed dial or at least some sort of LED notifier like blackberry does. Wish Apple allowed more customization like themes and different keyboards like android does.

I suppose favorites is supposed to be the replacement for speed dial. But what I really want is smart dialing.

And I agree about the notification LED.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
If you update the OS or the phone crashes, I know you restore with iTunes but will that restore all your customization settings such as wallpaper, ringtones, folders?

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What a great choice you've made!
I too came from the BB Bold 9000. I had sworn my life to RIM after that.
But things change, and the BB was just leagues under the iPhone.

Not a lot of apps in the BBAW, and most are just rubbish battery tweaks.
Plus BB is limited to its system memory, which you cannot expand to install apps. It's external storage is just used for media only.

Then I made the jump to the iPhone.
It's seriously the best choice!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2