4.3 will not update on my phone

Pingman#CB

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I have tried and tried to download the new version. The download starts and I can see the bar move. It normally takes about 19 minutes. Once the download finishes, I get the following message: There was a problem downloading the software for this iPhone. The network connnection timed out. Make sure your network settingg are correct and your network connection is active or try again later.

I have never had this problem before on any upgrade. Can anyone offer any advice as what to do.

Thank you.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I have tried and tried to download the new version. The download starts and I can see the bar move. It normally takes about 19 minutes. Once the download finishes, I get the following message: There was a problem downloading the software for this iPhone. The network connnection timed out. Make sure your network settingg are correct and your network connection is active or try again later.

I have never had this problem before on any upgrade. Can anyone offer any advice as what to do.

Thank you.

Here is a direct download link for 4.3 ( http://ow.ly/4b7s5 via/Macworld). You can download it for your device, click Shift Key (Windows) and Upgrade in iTunes at the same time, then select the file you downloaded. On Mac, I believe it's Command Key and Upgrade to select the file. Then you aren't relying on iTunes for the download.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
After updating the ios what will happen to my data on my phone, like my notes, my apps, my contacts, my photos etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
After updating the ios what will happen to my data on my phone, like my notes, my apps, my contacts, my photos etc...

As long as you are using your computer, backup your iPhone, then update the iOS. All you data is saved and everything will be the same as it was before you updated. If you are planning on jailbreaking, updating to 4.3 will either make it very difficult or not possible until 4.3 has a chance to be jailbroken.

You can perform an update on someone else's computer and keep all your data but if for some reason it doesn't work, I'm not sure that the data is backed up the same as with your own computer.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
As long as you are using your computer, backup your iPhone, then update the iOS. All you data is saved and everything will be the same as it was before you updated. If you are planning on jailbreaking, updating to 4.3 will either make it very difficult or not possible until 4.3 has a chance to be jailbroken.

You can perform an update on someone else's computer and keep all your data but if for some reason it doesn't work, I'm not sure that the data is backed up the same as with your own computer.

Thanks very much, i will then backand update the ios.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Updatedone, it was really easy and all docs are there as if nothing ever changed in the iOS. But i'm wondering to know what was add up to this update.
75880029-f142-a58b.jpg

avanger12

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading here

what do I do after I downloaded the link for Iphone 4? a winrar thing comes up with all these files..... what do i do with them??
And I have to same problem with Homer L. I tried this one and the next post but I don't have a MAC..

cant post link cuz i dont have 10 post :p

avanger12

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
NEVER MIND GUYS! I JUST GOT IT!! ANOTHER WAY TO PREVENT:
There was a problem downloading the software for this iPhone. The network connnection timed out. Make sure your network settingg are correct and your network connection is active or try again later.
!!!!!!!1 IS TO TURN DOWN UR ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77