Receiving shortcode SMS?

thunderkeys

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues receiving shortcode SMSes on their VzW iPhone?
I get no response from Google, Skype, my bank, etc.

Works fine on my work VzW blackberry so I'm wondering if it's an iPhone issue. Verizon confirms I have no blocks on my account for premium SMS (or any blocks at all for that matter).

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I actually seem to be having the same problem. Mine is more of the "unsolicited" version. I've signed up to receive them on the web, however, I'm not getting deals from a retailer nor notifications from my bank. I did port a number over from a different carrier when I got the iPhone. Thoughts?

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues receiving shortcode SMSes on their VzW iPhone?
I get no response from Google, Skype, my bank, etc.

Works fine on my work VzW blackberry so I'm wondering if it's an iPhone issue. Verizon confirms I have no blocks on my account for premium SMS (or any blocks at all for that matter).

Same problem here. With my bank specifically (I don't get short codes from anywhere else). I called my bank and they opened a ticket... I called Verizon and they opened a ticket... one of them fixed it but I don't know who.

My wife's phone (same as mine) is also having the same problem. This time I only called Verizon... they've had a ticket open for about 1 1/2 weeks and so far it is still not working. If they don't fix it soon, I will call my bank again.

Did you happen to port your number? Verizon told me that they seem to have this issue occur with numbers that have been ported from another carrier. I ported from Sprint.

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I no longer have the issue. Unfortunately it wasn't a fix but a work around. Seems as though the routes have been mixed up somewhere.

So to fix it? I sent a text to the short code that I want to receive messages from. This seems to then allow messages to find their way properly to your phone. Don't know your short code? I used google to get my bank one. The other one just by happen stance.

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, I no longer have the issue. Unfortunately it wasn't a fix but a work around. Seems as though the routes have been mixed up somewhere.

So to fix it? I sent a text to the short code that I want to receive messages from. This seems to then allow messages to find their way properly to your phone. Don't know your short code? I used google to get my bank one. The other one just by happen stance.

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

thunderkeys

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The shortcode messages are working for me as of this morning. Skype, Credit Union, Google, etc; all work for me now.

I don't know if it's because Verizon actually 'fixed' anything or if it just coincided with a new billing period starting today (also changed my plan from 700 shared minutes to 1400 minutes, so possible that change 'kicked' something).

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Update: Basically, Verizon said they did all they could do and the problem has to be on my bank's (Chase) end. I never got around to following up with Chase about my wife's issuse but today I received a call from Chase following up on MY issue (which was resolved).

Anyhow, the tech that called me told me that the issue is definitely on their end and is a known issue with Chase and iPhones. He took my wifes phone number and said he would open a ticket for me.

Anyone else having this problem that banks with Chase?

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I haven't received an update from espn in some time, since, well I switched to Verizon. I had three different organizations unable to send me messages once I switched. I find it hard to believe that the issue wasn't somehow either sprint or Verizon's fault. But I am not going to argue with them. It isn't worth my time. I know that the fix or work around in my case is to re-initiate the texts by sending them something from my phone when I want it to start again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2