Moving photos/downloaded pics from camera roll to another photo folder on Iphone

slumpey326

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Is this possible. I created a new photo folder that appears on my Iphone called "Other Pictures". Now say I download a wallpaper or some other pic from the internet or save a pic from an email, it automatically goes to my camera roll folder. How can I move them to my "Other Pictures' folder on my Iphone. Can this be done on the Iphone itself somehow?

Or can this only be done via a mac, if so how do I locate the camera roll pics on my mac.

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I looked into this, from what I found you can only do it on the pc end of it. The folder "camera roll" is like a temp folder for pics until you organize them on your pc.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That is correct, You can only organize on your pc/mac, not from the iPhone.

As far as locating the camera roll on your Mac - iPhoto should pick it up when you plug in your iPhone. Then you can save them to your Mac and then transfer them to whatever folder you want.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
"Other Pictures"

Is this possible. I created a new photo folder that appears on my Iphone called "Other Pictures". Now say I download a wallpaper or some other pic from the internet or save a pic from an email, it automatically goes to my camera roll folder. How can I move them to my "Other Pictures' folder on my Iphone. Can this be done on the Iphone itself somehow?

Or can this only be done via a mac, if so how do I locate the camera roll pics on my mac.

How did you create this folder? were you able to do this right on the device, or was this done thru a pc? thanks,

V4d3r

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I had this question as well, although it is possible to create the folder on the iPhone with hooking up to a machine. This being the case I would have thought one could move pictures to the created folders on the iPhone as well. Any insight into this?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Creating a folder on iPhone works to copy pics into, but then if delete from Camera Roll it deletes from new folder too...found that out the hard way!! :O

My 'work around' has been: whatever pics I have in Camera Roll (new photos, wallpapers etc) I plug in as if to sync, my PC detects as "camera" and uploads to folder....I take them from there and paste into my iPhone folders setup to sync thru itunes, then delete from Camera Roll.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The new folder must be created on the desktop. It cannot be done on the iPhone.

Well, technically it can be done on a <jailbroken> iPhone. I find it easier and more intuitive to create a new folder in the computer folder I synch photos with and use that.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
With iFile you have full access to your whole file system on a jailbroken iDevice.

So you can just go to the album/camera roll and select pictures/videos and copy/move etc. them from one location to another.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2