day 3 dropped phone

Garnoch

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, sorry!
What was the $1.99 insurance I signed up for when I pre-ordered the phone? I didn't see anything for more than that.

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
yikes! That must not of felt good.
I'm quite glad that my iPhone I have had for like 2 months now has no scratches, dents, chips, or any damage at all to it.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Your insurance sucks. Should have gotten sqauretrade. $80 initial fee to buy the coverage. $50 deductible when you have problems with your phone. Plus they refund you a prorated amount if you get rid of the phone before your 2 years of coverage is up.

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Question, If the glass breaks on your phone, can you go to the Apple store and just have them replace the glass? Obviously it may cost something if you do..... But was just wondering if its possible.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Your insurance sucks. Should have gotten sqauretrade. $80 initial fee to buy the coverage. $50 deductible when you have problems with your phone. Plus they refund you a prorated amount if you get rid of the phone before your 2 years of coverage is up.
I just bought SquareTrade last night.

Isn't it true that you can't have a claim in the first 60 days though?

eatrocks

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
170 deductible ? What insurance you buy? How much is insurance? Just thinking about insurance and want to know if it makes sense.

the insurance is thru verizon, its a company called asurion, it costed me $9.18 a month and if ur phone is lost, stolen(with police report), breaks...etc u can pay a deductible of 169 for 16g iphone or 230 for 32g, limit 2 claims per year

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it true that you can't have a claim in the first 60 days though?

Coverage of basic stuff such as what is covered under the manufacturers warranty begins 60 days after purchase date. The ADH coverage, which is basically stuff that would be considered your own fault such as drops or water submersion, begins 30 days after purchase date. Which yes would kinda suck in this situation. But I still believe it's a better value over paying $10 bucks a month plus an enormous deductible.

Square trade is $80 for 2 years of coverage where the verizon insurance is $80 for 8 months. Plus the verizon deductible is $120 or $180 more than the squaretrade deductible depending on if you have the 16 or 32 GB iphone.

Just my opinion though, What ever works for others is up to them.

Last edited:

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a case and never use it. I know not very smart. I'm very careful with my phones. I just like the look of it being fresh out of the box looking.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a case and never use it. I know not very smart. I'm very careful with my phones. I just like the look of it being fresh out of the box looking.

I too am extremely careful with my products, but it isn't yourself you always need to worry about. You could easily have a friend or co-worker step on/ knock over/ spill something onto your phone. ;)

gueren

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Um anyone?

i dont believe just the glass could be replaced from what i read the glass is fused with the lcd screen which is a major part obviously my guess would be 300$ range to replace that i havent looked into it and as far as insurance goes ive always insured my phones and done through the company i was under contract with, As i was getting my iphone activated they asked me if i wanted to insure it and 10.99 with a 190 deduc was what i was originally told very glad i chose to do so and freak accidents do happen believe me i was cradleing this phone and wipeing the fingerprints off it every 5 minutes to have a family member drop it is obviously not under my control but a lesson was learned and ill move foward from it

thunderkeys

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Also you may have options depending on if you paid with a credit card. My Amex card has coverage for lost/damaged items for 90 days from purchase - no deductible.

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
yikes, I had my iPhone in my hoodie pocket on the first few days without a case, and I bent down to pick up something from the bottom of the table our TV sits on, my phone fell without a case on strait on the edge of the glass table about 3 feet, and hit off that to the ground. Luckily it didn't damage or even scratch my phone the slightest bit :D