How does email work?

tylerd#IM

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am a Blackberry user at the moment. I am on Verizon with a Storm 1. I am a user at Crackberry. I am assuming its safe to say Verizon will most likely have an iPhone within the next couple weeks or months. I am on my tenth Blackberry in four years. I am officially sick of them! So, I cannot wait to get the iPhone.

I am a senior in High school right now, but I rely on my email more than any other 18 year old that I know. I believe that will be one of the toughest transitions when I eventually switch to an iPhone. And I maybe completely dead wrong and be amazed on the iPhone's email capability.

So, my question is, how does the email work on the iPhone? Thank you in advance, and I apologize for "noobing" up the forum today. I look forward to being a complete convert soon.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone can handel email just fine. If you use Gmail you can set up your email account as an exchange account and you will have true push just like on BB. I am a power gmail user and a former BB user and I will never go back to BB as the iPhone does email better then the BB ever did.

Reactions: tylerd#IM

tylerd#IM

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I do use Gmail. I have three email accounts. Comcast, Gmail, and my school account. But I can forward my other two accounts to my Gmail account, and then figure out how to set up an exchange, and it will push directly to the iPhone? Perfect! Thanks for your help. I am eagerly awaiting a new phone.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Gmail set up as exchange is a great organizational tool. Mail, Calendar, Contacts all sync very nicely. Go setup a Gmail account now and get it all running the way you like it. Import all your contacts over from BB that way when you get the iPhone all you have to do is do a quick exchange setup and all your info will be on your iPhone.

GuyZ

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I personally like having my personal gmail account as a hub for other accounts. Didn't try exchange yet, so I'd also like to thank you guys for the tip.

Regarding the OP's question, I honestly believe you'd enjoy using your mail much more on an iPhone rather than on a Blackberry.

Mr. Chitlin

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
I came from a BB 9000 to IP4 a few months ago. I had 7 accounts set up on the BB with individual tones for each account so I would know the important emails when they arrived. Exchange works great, the only thing I miss is the individual tones for different accounts.

There was a little learning curve for me but now I'm comfortable with the IP email.