iPhone 4 battery issues

HM1

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
About a week ago, I got an iPhone 4. I?ve noticed that my battery drains really fast when my phone is just sitting in my pocket [it only lasts me about 6 hours before I have to charge it again]. Every time I plug it into the charger, it gets warm where the battery is. It also gets hot where my sim card is when I do something that uses the internet. I have tried everything to fix this, including restoring it as a new phone twice, with no luck. I have searched all over the internet trying to fix the problem and I can?t seem to find anything that works. Does anybody know how to fix this?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My 1st impression would lead me to say its a legitimate hardware problem but I'd like to know a bit more about your daily usage before I completely think that is the case.
Can you please answer the below...

Do you have 3G/Wi-fi/Bluetooth switched on all day?
Do you have push/notifications on?
How many apps do you use roughly a day and for how long (and what ones)?
Is the 6 hours you mentioned 6hrs of using it or 6hrs on standby?
Do you charge from usb on a PC or from the usb mains charger?

Sorry for all the questions, these things are not very common so all the info we can get will help

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
There are many topics on this issue, one might even be a sticky. Yes, you can address all the questions above, but what I've seen is with the iPhone 4, is it will get better with time. I think alot of us had battery issues when we first got our iPhones. Keep using it, you should see battery life improvement the more you use it.

HM1

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I only have 3G on, I do have push on, I usually only use messages ad every now and then I get on Facebook at twitter. The six hours is how long it lasts me from the time I unplug it until the time I have have to plug it back in. And I always charge it with the wall charger.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
6 hours on what can only be described as light use is poor. They do get better with time but mine will at least last 8hours on a full day of use. Give it a week and see if u get much improvement, if not then book an appt with Apple

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the auto lock set at "Never" by any chance ? that would keep the screen lit up for the entire time it's in your pocket, that'd cause a serious battery drain ...

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
There are many topics on this issue, one might even be a sticky. Yes, you can address all the questions above, but what I've seen is with the iPhone 4, is it will get better with time. I think alot of us had battery issues when we first got our iPhones. Keep using it, you should see battery life improvement the more you use it.

My battery life has definitely gotten better since I first got the IPhone 4 in October. I get much more standby as well as usage time.

David Allan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is a common issue in all cell phones especially in smart phones. In my opinion, your mobile phone battery must be inflated due to overcharging that?s why it?s getting warm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberdragon505