Password or Pin?

Do you prefer a Pin or Password on your iPhone\iPad?

• Total voters

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would really use the option when they have it so that the PIN is needed to get ito the phone even if you reload the firmware. Then 10 times wrong and boom the phone is a paperweight, no chance of getting the phone back.

klcrow8690

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I have no need for a password. I barely let my phone out of my sight when I'm out in public. And even if it got lost or stolen, there is no data that someone could get into that only myself or my wife has the password in that specific app for it. And with free Find my iPhone, I wont have to worry much if I lose it. I can recover it or wipe it, if I dont think I will get it back.

Last edited:

jrpierce

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I've got the android lock XT and that's plenty of security for me. It's a simple swipe so I can open it quickly when I need to, but it's confusing enough that friends can't break into my iPhone. I have a PIN for bite SMS just because I hate people reading my texts, and that hardly gets in my way because I can start testing from anywhere without needing to do the code. Luckily no one knows that feature...

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I use the PIN. Thought I was gonna switch to Password when I first heard about the availability, but I thought it'd be too annoying. I change my Pin every couple of months for added security.