first impressions

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I've now had my iPhone4 for three days, and all i can say is that it exceeded the hype! It's by far the sweetest phone that i've ever owned. My old PC finally died about two weeks ago, and i decided to go kicking and screaming into the 21st century with a 17" MacBook Pro. The iPhone and Mac were made for each other. Everything synced beautifully, and with the addition of Evernote for my memos, i'm rocking in the free world. I have all my music and ringtones in the phone, waiting for the OS that will set them free to be attached to individual contacts, e-mails, and texts. Only glitch that i've encountered is that some of my albums are missing the "art" (no album covers). Maybe somebody can help me with this? Anyway, the iPhone4 does beat the BB for what i use it for, and for ease of operation. The Force is really with me now!

FXC

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
The 4 is a big upgrade even from 3GS. But if you say you're coming from the BB world, the leap is ginormous... how was your wormhole ride? Any fog, traffic, bad weather etc.?

Reactions: anon(631531)

prettyfacejessy

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
i agree with you Flix..coming from BB is a big leap...ive only had my phone for a couple of hours now but im a overall impressed with just about everything except the battery. just waiting on the 4.2. jailbreak....The ease of use if WONDERFUL.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Select all the songs on a particular album and right click on them and select "get album artwork/cover" and it'll search the database for it providing that the album title is correct

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Select all the songs on a particular album and right click on them and select "get album artwork/cover" and it'll search the database for it providing that the album title is correct

Used Dashboard, and set up a search through Amazon. That got me my album artwork!

Joeanthony

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
i agree with you Flix..coming from BB is a big leap...ive only had my phone for a couple of hours now but im a overall impressed with just about everything except the battery. just waiting on the 4.2. jailbreak....The ease of use if WONDERFUL.

I was a BB user for 3 years and finally made the switch to iPhone 4 about a week ago. To say it was an enormous leap is an understatement. The sheer volume of things I can do with this handset is AMAZING! The only issue I'm having is getting push email to work for my gmail account. Otherwise, I can say this is an unparalleled experience for me and I plan on migrating to Apple computers when my desktop gives up the ghost.

Also, I've been cruising the forums and I'm really impressed with how helpful the comments are. Great to be here.

JRF_1986

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I also came from a BlackBerry (Storm 9550). I did like my Storm, easier to type on and better push notifications, but the overall experience of an iPhone makes me glad I switched.

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Also for the BB converts remember the iOS interface is alot more graphic than the BB. The use of icons, the browser, apps, games so not only are you using it more but it also is displaying all that which drains the battery faster than you may be used to.

prettyfacejessy

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I also came from a BlackBerry (Storm 9550). I did like my Storm, easier to type on and better push notifications, but the overall experience of an iPhone makes me glad I switched.

Thats probably the main thing i miss is using a physical keyboard, but like u said the overall experience is amazing.

FXC

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
To all former BB users: You don't miss the physical keyboard, you just think you do. The key is that you need to RESIST THE URGE TO CORRECT while typing! Just type away, even if it appears that you got it all wrong; as soon as you hit space it will all be good.

You really don't need to bullseye the exact letters. As long as you're nearby, it's fine. Try for example typing the following "word": u-o-h-o-b-r, then come back here and tell us what you got after hitting space.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2