iPhone Slow, how do I "battery pull"

cmikhow#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Long time BB user, recently gone iphone 4, but noticed recently my iphone has not been it's usual self.

Now I've loaded on around 1000 songs, and probably a hundred apps (mostly games) I killed all running tasks and did a reset (holding the sleep button and sliding to power off) but it doesn't feel like it did much.

To be honest the "slowness" isn't too noticeable it just FEELS slow like the transitions are choppy and things take longer to load or open. With my BB i'd just battery pull, but I find that hard to do with an iPhone :p any tips on ways to breathe some life back into my phone?

Reactions: pizzafootbal

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Lol. As soon as I saw ur threads title say "battery pull" I was like, "hmmm, must be a previous BB user. I am myself. Lol. Ya, there's no battery pull other than what jdavis already told u. But u gotta remember, the blackberry had at most like 200 mb of ram. iPhones have Bout 500 and it still runs good at 55 mb of ram. As far as clearing memory or watching it, check out an app called "System lite". Gives u the info on ur iPhones info. And remember, this isn't a Blackberry, this an iPhone. You don't ever have to treat this relationship as ur previous. Blackberry is the exgirlfriend that was a meanie. The iPhone is the one you've been waiting all along to take care of you and be selfless. ;)

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
You need to make sure that you are on the latest firmware (4.2.1) and that all of your apps are up to date. You should also turn spot light searches off if you don't use them as that will reduce the indexing time after a sync or app install. To do that go Settings > General > Spotlight Search. Untick eveything you don't use and reboot the phone.

Also all the other obvious things like 3G, location settings, bluetooth, wi-fi will use processor cycles so turn them off when not using them

Reactions: pizzafootbal

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips

I had never heard of the spotlight search, I don't use it and the reset helped too. Great forum! Great thread!

cmikhow#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 4 seems to have gotten sluggish with the iOS 4.2.1 update. I've rebooted but it hasn't helped.

I appreciate all the advice but I am having this same problem to the average person it would still seem like a snappy phone but I just feel like it's slower than the day I got it which I guess is natural I've tried that "sleep+home" reset a few times but I'm not exactly clear on what it DOES in different than the normal reset.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate all the advice but I am having this same problem to the average person it would still seem like a snappy phone but I just feel like it's slower than the day I got it which I guess is natural I've tried that "sleep+home" reset a few times but I'm not exactly clear on what it DOES in different than the normal reset.

It will obviously be slower then the day you go it as you have added music, contacts, apps and more...

The Sleep+Home button reset it what a BB user would call a hard reset (battery pull) whilst switching it off and back on is a soft reset and doesn't clear memory.

Mine is slower than day 1 but it is still faster than any other phone on the market!

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
yes but thats not always performance related.

It may improve on the next update it may not but it is still the fastest phone around. All I can say is if you want it quicker then remove things / switch services off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2