Iphone 4 battery..

froussy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Good morning,

I'm presently a Blackberry User.. I'm looking to get an iPhone 4.. but what is blocking me it's the battery.. I had a 3G in the past, and the battery wasn't lasting more than an AM.. (i was removing it from the charge at 6am)

I have an unlimited voice plan, so not to hide that i'm using it as my only phone.. and, will be using Exchange Active Sync..

What should I expect from the battery..?

Thanks

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
What bb are you coming from? I saw that the 9700 and iPhone 4 have the same battery life on 3G. The bb has better battery life on edge. But I get 10 hours of use on 2g on the iPhone 4. So it's not bad at all. I get 6 hours of usage on 3G. My bb got around the same. Maybe 7. But don't forget that the iPhone has a larger screen and a more powerful processor and more pixels to control. And more ram to manage. :)

I was a bb user for 5 straight years. Look at my sig :) hehe I'm on the iPhone until a killer bb comes out.

froussy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I currently own a BB9700... I do 2 days with the battery (using data and voice). I can't go on 2G as my provider dont offer it

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I currently own a BB9700... I do 2 days with the battery (using data and voice). I can't go on 2G as my provider dont offer it

The iPhone battery will NOT last two days. Anyone who says it does must not be using it correctly. I would say you can get about 8 hours with moderate use.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a BB Storm2, and believe me the iPhone 4 battery outshines it imo.

With moderate usage, I can do a full work day with my phone... and still go home in the evening with about 45% left.

Heavy usage, games, loads of surfing etc I reckon about 8hrs.. but thats just a guesstimate.

My BB now, from a full charge I could make one 15min call and it would be down to about 80%

My girlfriends HTC Desire is pretty awful too.

FunkyDog

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone4 batteries lasts 24 to 28 hours with moderate use from a full charge of 3 hours. Heavy use mostly being on Facebook and WhatsApp. I'm on EDGE all the time until the connection gets slow before I switch to 3G.
Used to have a Storm2. Battery lasts 18 hours end on end on the same kind of usage I'm employing now.

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Agreed. You wont get two days. 2g is edge GPRS. Not 3G. I don't use 3G on my 9700 as most things I do are light. But on my iPhone I switch to 3G sometimes to do some more things. Regardless. 2 days on 9700 means not too heavy of usage. You'll get through a day with the iPhone 4. I couldnt get through a day with the 9700 on 3G. I'm very data intensive. :)

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4 and I can get two days from one charge easily if I only use it occasionally.

Usually, I charge it every night, though.

litchblade#IM

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Im coming from the Bold 9000 to the iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 installed, and the battery is way way better on my iPhone 4.
Im using it like this:
30-50 minutes of playing - 60 minutes listening to Music - 30 minutes online on web pages - writing on whatsapp/sms/emails the whole day
When I'm coming home in the evening I still have like 40% left from my battery.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a BB 9700 and I get a full day with HEAVY usage. I'm using the iPhone 4 unlocked, and I know that eats up a lot of the battery itself. Whats the usage for a jail-broken iPhone with heavy use?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77