I just did the impossible... deleting undeleatble apps

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
First off let me say I'm using an iPhone 4 32gb black running 4.1 GM, unjailbroken,

now to the fun part, I did this by accident:

179177212.jpg

notice the whole there? this isn't in jiggly mode (for the record) and isn't photoshopped. if you notice at the bottom the dots indicate 3 pages of apps the other 2 look like this:

179173648.jpg

that's page 2

179173422.jpg

the folder that is missing is the utilities which has the clock and calculator and few other undeleatable apps in it notice that they are all missing.

no they aren't hidden in other folders there just gone.

how I did it was I pressed the home button while i was on page 2, then tried to stop it from going to the first page by touching the screen where i happened to touch was the "Radio" folder on page 2. I continued to hold there and when it went into jiggly mode I let go.

It then went to page 1 (as expected) but the "utilities" folder was gone. I figured it just got moved around and would reappear upon hitting the Home button... no such luck.

ohh well I kind of think its funny and won't try bringing it back until I find the need for any of the apps that were in there.

I have tried doing it to a second App/Folder to no avail. maybe its only one app at a time or this is just one of those thing that all the pieces feel into place resulting in a once in a lifetime event.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Slyfi,

Why don't you just use the Poof! app within SBSettings to make the unwanted apps disappear from your Homescreens? That's much easier and quicker than the happenstance you just chronicled.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Slyfi,

Why don't you just use the Poof! app within SBSettings to make the unwanted apps disappear from your Homescreens? That's much easier and quicker than the happenstance you just chronicled.

did I mention that im not Jailbroken and that this is a glitch? i don't want to delete them it just happened...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2