3G Can't Find WiFi

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
My kids are using an old iPhone 3G as an Ipod touch. Until recently, we were able to tap into WiFi for App Store purchases and updates. I brought it into Apple today-they did a diagnostic and said the water sensor is tripped and that could be the reason for the non-connection. They tried, unsuccessfully, to get into the Apple store WiFi. A soft reset in the store did not help, either. They suggested doing a factory restore and upgrading to 4.1. I did both-still no Wifi. Also, I couldn't get the phone out of the plug into ITunes screen of death until I installed my own SIM card. Is that normal after a restore? Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, all. I think we're just stuck updating and app syncing via the Mac. A search led me to a few other forums where people had this problem on their iPhone 3G -WiFi connection just stopped happening for no apparent reason.

uslsbmx

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Keep taking it back to apple till somebody replaces it! They replaced mine with thae same problem and i also had a tripped water sensor.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Keep taking it back to apple till somebody replaces it! They replaced mine with thae same problem and i also had a tripped water sensor.

How old was your phone? We're way out of warranty, so I don't think replacement by Apple is option. BUT, just as mysteriously as it stopped working, it starting finding and connecting to WiFi again tonight. We'll see how long that lasts-so far, it's held long enough to buy a game, download an e-reader app, sync books and do a Safari search of Christopher Columbus ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711