iOS 4.1 on the 3G. AMAZING!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
runs very smooth, just as fast as the 3.x, if not faster

however, i tried to JB with Redsn0w 0.95b5-5 and both times lost my phone app. it's not even showing up in settings, weird. oh well, guess i'm stuck with the vanilla version for now...

ChrisMc87

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. As a 3g owner, I originally posted on these forums that 4.0 was pretty good on my phone after I updated. However, shortly after I posted, I noticed it was just as bad as most people were saying. My family all have an iphone 3g and we were hoping that something could and would be fixed with them. Now that it appears to be fixed, I wonder if it will be said (if it hasn't already) what was causing the issues in the first place.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the update. As a 3g owner, I originally posted on these forums that 4.0 was pretty good on my phone after I updated. However, shortly after I posted, I noticed it was just as bad as most people were saying. My family all have an iphone 3g and we were hoping that something could and would be fixed with them. Now that it appears to be fixed, I wonder if it will be said (if it hasn't already) what was causing the issues in the first place.

no problem. it's been a long time waiting, really. it is nice that it is fixed

i haven't read anything exactly as to why it happened in the first place except maybe it was a rush situation. of course there are people claiming Apple did this on purpose to force consumers to buy-buy-buy latest and greatest but i highly doubt that

one thing you may want to do, just to be safe, is Restore as New device. yes it can be a little bit of a hassle but peace of mind alone can go a long way

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, too many daemons running in the background is the problem.

You will notice 4.1 LOSES some functionality over 4.0 on 3G. There's no Google Notes syncing now, and Spotlight doesn't search in SMS messages. Indexing those was too much to handle by 3G apparently. (in my case, Calendar syncing is FAR SLOWER now than it was before, it was apparently done in background before. now, it takes like 6 secs to open google calendars in the Calendar app).

Less background tasks-more free RAM-faster phone. You can't have Exchange, push, calendar sync, copy/paste, spellcheck (all these weren't in 2.x) and expect to have fast phone with only 128 MB RAM. Sad but true.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
never used spotlight to begin with, in fact, i turned everything off in spotlight again

calendar app & sync working just as good/fast as 3.1.2 for me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2