Weird data usage with iPhone 4

Snowstar68

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the 3GS iPhone previously and uesd maybe 50 mb /month. I switched from unlimited to 200mb due to my low usage. I am a week and a half in my billing cycle and AT&T let me know that I used up 200mb of data and am being charged $15 for an addition 200mb. This seemed strange to me due to my past data usage so I looked at my usage online and there are seriously weird things. Sometimes at 3am or like 10am, it shows I have 80mb used. Now this is weird since I'm either at home sleeping or at work and both places have wireless so it shouldn't be using 3G or anything. I called AT&T and after spending an hour on hold because they had no idea what was going on, they said they logged a support ticket and I will get a call back within a week so they can do proper research. I have another iPhone 4 on my account and that phone shows appropriate data usage although sometimes at really weird times too when wireless should be enabled. Anyone know what's going on??

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
That is AT&T doing updates and that data SHOULDN'T count against ur allowed data and if it is, then they need to fix that. Make sure to say on top of that service ticket bc if not, ur going to be dealing with billing issues for a long time.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Apparently it is something to worry about since this guy is being charged for it. AT&T really needs to straighten this out pronto.

The OP needs to determine if he's using extra data due to backgrounding apps he's not aware of ( GPS, streaming, etc ), he's just using it more b/c damn the phone is pretty damn slick, or it's a problem with AT&T.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Things like this make me glad that I kept my unlimited plan. However I am willing to bet serious money that AT&T will revoke it at the next iPhone hardware release.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77