Is it normal to loose 20% battery while I sleep?

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem: 100% off the charger, powered it OFF, and 50% the next day. Apple said it was bad and replaced it. The second one does not have that problem. I suggest you go to the Genuis Bar and try to have it replaced. BTW my iPhone passed their 'diagnostics,' but the Genius Tech realized the phone was bad.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
These batteries work best when topped off whenever possible. Letting it drain down all the way isn't the answer. These are different cell phone batteries than those of yesteryear.

I've just read in the past that letting them drain down all the way isn't good
because when it's fully charged, it won't hold the charge for as long as it could.
This is a complete misconception. Even Apple recommends letting the battery fully discharge until it dies and fully recharging it to 100% at least once a month. These Discharge Cycles help to increase battery life and it's the same process the Battery apps in the App Store go through that promise to increase battery life.

Apple - Batteries - iPhone
Apple said:

Use iPhone Regularly

For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it?s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Last edited:

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I find that I can have 100% battery when I go to bed and 7-8 hours later I can have a little as 72% left.

Is it normal to loose that amount of battery while the phone is on standby?

Oh and I have an iPhone 4.

If you were using an iPhone 3GS id say yes. But with the iPhone 4 you shouldnt see that much of a loss. Im not sure if youre one of those people that worry about plugging your phone in overnight or not but thats a simple solution. Also, you may want to try running Battery doctor and see if that makes any difference.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
This is a complete misconception. Even Apple recommends letting the battery fully discharge until it dies and fully recharging it to 100% at least once a month. These Discharge Cycles help to increase battery life and it's the same process the Battery apps in the App Store go through that promise to increase battery life.

Apple - Batteries - iPhone

Agreed. If im not mistaken batteries like this have "memory" so letting them drain every once and a while is good because if you are always plugging it in when its say 90 all the time then the times when its real low it may not put as much of a charge in it. something like that. Been a while since ive read up on that issue

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have battery drain issues while I'm at work. The 4 sits on my desk, minimal use (checking for emails...I miss the notification light on my old BB).
Wifi and Bluetooth shut off, mo apps running in the background, and I'll loose 35-40 percent of my battery.

We have signal repeaters installed throughout the building and I never have less than 4 bars of signal strength.

My question is...do I have issues with my battery or is this normal?

First iPhone, coming from over a decade with BlackBerry.

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
iphone 4 strange battery issue

hi guyz i have a iphone 4 running on 4.3.5 , the issue i am facing is that ,i keep my phone on wall charger in night ,and when i wake up in morning its around 95% charged.so i tested it and found out that it charges upto 100%,and then starts to lose charge while still on the wall charger. i updated my phone , restored from itunes and tried everythn. so now my question is that is it normal for iphone 4 to do so? will it stop charging when it reaches 100%. i am asking this because this only happens if i keep it on charge for more then 8 hours. if less then that it vl be still 100%. plz reply n help me out here. thanks.

romboo

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
my iphone 4 will lose about 10-20% battery without running any program or accepting email. but i charge it everyday coz in day time i love play my phone a lot. about the battery losing, it also depends on how long you slept. you longer you slept, the battery losing is higher. lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll