Help! I can't back up my iPhone!

RyzeHD

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Okay guys this has been bothering me for some time now. Ever since I installed iTunes 9 I could never see the option to back up my iPhone 3GS (and now my 4). I'm on Windows 7 (x86) and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no dice. Could there be a valid explanation (or solution) for this? If any of you guys could help with any info, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

backup.jpg

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
The way I understand it, when you sync it backs up the phone automagically. I do not recall ever seeing a backup button. I use a Mac so it could be different on a PC.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
On my Windows 7 (32 bit) pc, I still have both the Back Up and Restore from Backup options when I right click on the device name. Here's a screenshot of mine (while a sync is going on, those options are greyed out, but after sync they are available).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
On my Windows 7 (32 bit) pc, I still have both the Back Up and Restore from Backup options when I right click on the device name. Here's a screenshot of mine (while a sync is going on, those options are greyed out, but after sync they are available).

Yep, mine is the same way.

RyzeHD

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies... so the backup option should be there as it is on yours. This just boggles my mind...

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
after reading this post I did the MAC equivalent to a right click and the IPhone in ITunes and discovered that I too have the "back up" option. I do love these forums!

tsky74

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm also on Win7 and using the most updated version of iTunes and have the back up option. Does your phone make a back up when syncing?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2