Best way to organize photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I take (and save) A LOT of photos on my iPhone. I need a way to organize my CameraRoll. I have over 5k photos in my camera roll and need a way to organize them other than syncing them and putting them in different folders on my MBP.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is to drag all of the photos onto you computer (you can find do that by finding your iPhone under "My Computer" on a PC) then make up new folder titled "iPhone Photos" or whatever you'd like. Then make up a folder inside "iPhone Photos" for each category. Home...Work...Family...Nature...etc...etc.

In iTunes, after you plug in your iPhone, click on the photos tab, browse for your "iPhone Photos" folder and 'check' all of the newly created folders. You'd want to then delete them from your iPhone's camera roll so there aren't duplicates on your phone.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I take (and save) A LOT of photos on my iPhone. I need a way to organize my CameraRoll. I have over 5k photos in my camera roll and need a way to organize them other than syncing them and putting them in different folders on my MBP.

Anyone have any suggestions?

i do basically the same as you do already. i use iPhoto and every time i plug my phone in i open up iPhoto and drag the camera roll pics into the folders i have created and then delete the originals. at that point i open iTunes and sync my phone and the camera roll is empty and all images are in my folders. i am unaware of doing this any other way. it would have been nice to be able to create folders for pics and move pics into different folders right on the phone.

understando

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! This is a much better solution than just a huge random assortment of photos that I currently have going on my phone... Maybe a future release will include the drag and drop folder method on the phone.

Last edited:

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! This is a much better solution than just a huge random assortment of photos that I currently have going on my phone... Maybe a future release will include the drag and drop folder method on the phone.

That would be awesome!! I wonder if thats something they can/would do in a huge update or something. Apple? Are you listening? :D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I would be surprised if they did, since it's only an issue for those of us using pc's. Macs do it automagically.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site

or better yet. Maybe Apple will let you name your phones like every other phone allows

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I would be surprised if they did, since it's only an issue for those of us using pc's. Macs do it automagically.

but on the phone alli that would be nice. take a pics move it to an album right after. i would pay for that right now i have 850 pic and scolling them is a mess. Whats that app you told me about for pcs?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I agree, it would be a nice feature to have on the iPhone. But I think Sir Steve would rather we all get Macs and not worry about it.

Picasa - another great Google product.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Whats the best way to do this in iPhoto on my Mac?
Sync ALL photos (out of camera roll), delete them all, and should I organize them into different events or albums?

I can't stand going into my camera roll anymore and scrolling through ALL these photos.

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
What does Picasa do? I have been searching a little for a simple solution for this. I know that when I sync my phone the photos are stored somewhere because when I went from my 3GS to my 4, all the old photos were synced. I don't want to have to do all that organizing on my PC. I know I can open the phone as an external storage device and sort my photos but that is so cumbersome! I wish there was a way to do it on the phone, like making new folders under the Camera Roll folder and moving photos to whatever folder I want it in. Is that what iPhoto does and can Picasa do that?

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Whats the best way to do this in iPhoto on my Mac?
Sync ALL photos (out of camera roll), delete them all, and should I organize them into different events or albums?

I can't stand going into my camera roll anymore and scrolling through ALL these photos.

If you have a lot of photos in the camera roll and transfer them into iPhoto then iPhoto should automatically separate the photos by date, creating events for separate days the photos were taken.

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm playing with Picasa but I'm totally confused. It imported all the photos from my computer, even graphics from various programs and stupid stuff like that. After spending over an hour removing all that junk from Picasa, I figured out how to import my pictures from my iPhone to Picasa but I've been at this for 3 hours and have yet to see how I can do what I originally downloaded this stupid program to do! *sigh*

All I wanted was a way to organize photos on my phone into folders. Can I not do that without involving every picture that I have ever taken with every digital camera I have ever owned since 2007. I am so frustrated right now that I want to throw both the laptop and my phone out the window!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, Picasa isn't a great place to start just for that if you weren't already using Picasa.

If you just want to organize your photos into folders, just drag and drop, then make sure you select those folders to sync to your iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2