iPhone 4 Warrenty

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been with AT&T a long time and when ever I had an issue I would just call and ask for a replacement phone to be sent. If I lost my phone or it was damaged I could call the same number but they would charge me $125.00 dollars to replace it.

My question is.... I still have the insurance on my account(checked via website) for the line that my iPhone 4 is on.. Can I still do the above? Or will they tell me to visit an apple store to have it inspected and try to convince me nothings wrong.

I'm pretty picky about my phone and when my blackberry started to have trackball or trackpad issues I called and asked for a replacement. Hoping I can do the same here when they start to have more in stock...

Thoughts?

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
The ring/vibrate switch started getting loose on my 3g after I had it for about 11 months, I took it to an apple store and looked at it, confirmed it was loose asked me if I wanted a new one and the guy went in the back got a new one and I was on my way.

Apple isn't like AT&T where they try to kill you over phone warrenty stuff. They'll just take care of it.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
what about like scratches on the main screen? I would like to go without a case but if I find a scratch or two down the road it would be nice to have it replaced.

I guess im wondering to what degree they will help me.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
what about like scratches on the main screen? I would like to go without a case but if I find a scratch or two down the road it would be nice to have it replaced.

I guess im wondering to what degree they will help me.

It'd be nice if i could take my car in and get a replacement in case it got scratched.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The insurance with AT&T (that covers stuff beyond manufacturing defects) is a whopping $11.99/month and there's a $199 deductible and you can only replace your iPhone ONE time... there may also be excluded damage, but I can't say for sure... @scuba629, I can guarantee you that the coverage you currently have on your AT&T account will not cover the iPhone4.

Source: iPhonefaq

Last edited:

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Squaretrade.com: they're a great company, and they cover accidental damage, too. I dropped my 3G in the pool, and they replaced it after a $50 deductible. They're also much less expensive than AT&T's insurance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77