Is iPhone 4, your first launch day iPhone?

bconley007

May 9, 2010
Visit site
First iPhone. Hopefully first iPhone on launch day if it delivers on the 24th. I ordered it before the cut off so we will see. Fingers crossed!

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3GS and I couldn't preorder it when it came out for some reason, I forget why.. Might have not been due to an upgrade at the time. I got mine like 2 weeks after it came out.

My 4 however- I was one of the lucky 600k. I tried ALL DAY and couldn't get it to preorder. Finally, last night I was able to get it to go through. Confirmed, and being delivery on the 24th....... Thank god.

CHiRS

Sep 24, 2008
chrislae.posterous.com
I got to my local mall that has an Apple store inside at 3am on the launch day for the 3G. Two people were in line ahead of me and they had been there since midnight. By about 5am, there were around 100 or so people in line! It's a pretty cool experience going to an Apple store right when they open the doors for a product like this. As for the iPhone 4, I reserved mine. But I'm still going to go to the same mall at probably the same time or a little earlier. I have a feeling that this iPhone launch is gonna be HUGE...!

Last edited:

TheBaconKing

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
This is the first phone ever that I (hopefully) will get on launch day. I just hope AT&T is able to deliver mine on launch day. They had processing issues with it.

The only thing I have ever waited in line for was the original Xbox 360. Everything else I just prefer to have it delivered. Much easier.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've wanted a iPhone ever since they first came but I wasn't able to get the first iPhone due to cost. I skipped the iPhone 3G because I wasn't ready to break my tmobile contract. Last November my dad asked me if I wanted the 3GS for my birthday. I said yes and we drove to cancel tmobile, and went to a nearby apple store and got my 3gs last november. Not a bad 21st birthday present lol. I'm really excited about being a part of a Apple product launch. I can't wait to wake up at 3 in the morning to drive to my Apple Store back home that's almost 2 hours away. It's going to be an exciting day.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Same here this my first launch day iPhone. I think I'm gonna stop by the store and confirm my reservation though and will probably show up the night before. I have a 3GS but I didn't get till months after release when I got fed up with sprint.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so I was curious. I have owned the original iphone, and 3G. Hoever, I waited weeks after release day to get them. Thsi time however, I am set for my first launch day iPhone, and for some reason I am excited! I dont know why, I just am!

So is this anyone else's first iPhone on launch day like me? I hope fedex gets that sucker to me at 10am as usual... :) I preorder that puppy through all the hell yesterday, I survived lol :D

Nope. I've never ordered the iPhone for launch day. I can't wait to get mine but unfortunately it's going to have to wait a few weeks before I can grab one. I'll just continue to play with my 3gs until then.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
This is my third iPhone, second on launch day. Got my 3G after release date. Pre-ordered my 3GS for launch day (paid way too much for it), and got my iPhone 4 pre-order all set up. I've never done the Apple store launch day, only pre-order delivery. When the 2G went on sale, I worked at a mall with an Apple store. The lines were the most insane thing I've ever seen!!!!

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
This is my first launch day iphone. Didnt get a 2g. Didnt get a 3g. Got a 3GS a few months after it came out. Now the only reason I am getting this one on launch day is because I have a grown up job and can afford to get it on launch :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
pleased as punch

When we do get it here it will be my first launch date experience. We didn't get the 2G in Canada so I had to send a friend to Buffalo to pick me up one. I bought the 3G used and skipped the 3Gs. I had my iPad delivered to my work and with the iPhone 4 I plan to get it at the Apple store hopefully.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
2nd. The 1st being the 3GS. I got the original in November '07 and the 3G in September '08- so in both cases I'd waited quite a bit from launch. If it weren't for pre-order for home delivery, I wouldn't be getting a launch day iPhone 4 either.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I got a 3GS a couple months ago but cancelled before my 30 days was up and returned it so I could get the new one when it came out. It will be my first launch day iPhone. Im excited

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been a loyal Sprint customer for about six years now but the new iPhone 4 has cast a spell on me.

My contract ends on August 3rd so I decided I'll be an honest customer and stick it out. Paying an ETF then the costs of two iPhones (for my wife and I) is a little too high anyways.

On the plus side after two years we wont' have to fight the pre-order crowd (if we don't take advantage of early eligibility handouts from AT&T) :D

I was kind of hoping that the iPhone would go to Sprint but overtime I became less optimistic considering that Apple probably wouldn't put in the effort to make a CDMA compatible iPhone. There's also the fact that Sprint appears to be the only major US cellular provider who is going the Clearwire route for it's 4G tech. Everybody else seems to be going with LTE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll