• Yes!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

cinek

May 30, 2010
Visit site
seen this video - how many of you have an iphone with a red indicator and did not drop the phone into water?

more info:

youtube.com/watch?v=MFN6nIxAQe8

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
People expect way too much from Apple. No other phone manufacturer will allow you to walk into their store and get a free replacement when the tiniest thing malfunctions... And even if they give you a free replacement, they take months to MAIL it to you AND make you pay for repairs and/or shipping...

Apple has the best replacement policies, nobody should be complaining.

cinek

May 30, 2010
Visit site
People expect way too much from Apple. No other phone manufacturer will allow you to walk into their store and get a free replacement when the tiniest thing malfunctions... And even if they give you a free replacement, they take months to MAIL it to you AND make you pay for repairs and/or shipping...

Apple has the best replacement policies, nobody should be complaining.

true that, but if the indicator turns red (for some reason), and you didn't drop it into water... your warranty is gone, they don't even bother opening the phone up/checking the indicators inside

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but its difficult to properly reassemble them after you take them apart. This may change with the new model but as of now it's totally understandable that apple store employees do not dissect the phone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
true that, but if the indicator turns red (for some reason), and you didn't drop it into water... your warranty is gone, they don't even bother opening the phone up/checking the indicators inside

This is not true I thinkit depends store to store. When I took mine in for dust under the screen they said that it showed water indicators. So they couldn't replace the phone but had no problem replacing the screen because it was under warranty. As long as the thing you're complaining about isn't attibutable to the water damage I don't think they will have a problem honoring the warranty. Just a note on what Jellotime91 said when I had a Nokia phone that stopped working awhile back on Bell I was 3rd in line everyone was told water damage given their dead phone and Next!!! so it is not un-common.

marissaa310

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine was unfortunately just turned red this weekend. :( Only the indicator in the dock port has changed though, the one in the headphone jack is still white. I only got a splash of water on it, and the phone is basically functional right now except the external speakers aren't working - the phone is acting as if it is docked at all times even when not plugged in. At least this coincided with WWDC, so I'm hoping to just wait it out until the new phone is released!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2