Jailbroke iPhone using AT&T Family Data Plan

racep

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Need help on this one.

We are moving and T-mobile does not serve the new location so I purchased an AT&T family plan. We have three iphones so I got free AT&T phones with the new plan, transferred the SIMs over to the iphones and all is working for standard phone calls.

Except, I signed my phone number up for the AT&T Family Data Plan for $10/month, but I can not get data service with my iPhone.

To test it, I put the SIM back into the free phone and was able to get internet service. For some reason this is not working on the iphone.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

racep

May 19, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile

We used to be on T-Mobile and I had the $5.99 data plan and it worked fine. Slow but it did work.
That's why I don't understand why the AT&T Family Data Plan does not work.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Because AT&T wants you to spend an additional $30/month for an iPhone data plan, and even jailbroken they can tell that you're on an iPhone.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm a relative newbie so this is probably a stupid question . . . I hope this does not appear to be a thread hijack.

Since you got new free phones from AT&T you probably signed up for some level of contract, right? But since you already had your own phones I don't think you needed to do this.

Did AT&T require you to sign a contract?

Just wondering, thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2