Really weird quirk

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I am having a really strange issue with my 3GS. When the phone is plugged in the touchscreen gets really buggy. When I try to scroll up and down it jumps up and down spurratically and when I try to select something it will select something totally different.

When I unplug the phone, it works fine again. Anyone know why this is happening?

Nevets68

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
The charger your using, is it aftermarket one?
The reason I ask is because I have a ipod touch and use a "not official" apple charger with it and it does the same thing as yours (ie...weird touchscreen issues).

Chris71

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem on my 3GS when I was using the aftermarket (ebay) charger, went back to one I purchased at the apple store and the problem went away.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
+1 Not only did I get that problem with an aftermarket charger, but it ruined the battery - drained it in only a few short hours. Thank goodness, the iPhone was only a few weeks old at that point, so Apple was willing to replace it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey, killthelights32
not to be mean, but you might want to edit your posts instead of double-posting. :)

There could be dust in your dock connector port. See if you can get some compressed air and use some in there to get dust out. That can really interfere with the connection.

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Hey, killthelights32
not to be mean, but you might want to edit your posts instead of double-posting. :)

There could be dust in your dock connector port. See if you can get some compressed air and use some in there to get dust out. That can really interfere with the connection.

Good to know. Thanks! I had a Genius appointment today at the Apple Store and apparently my battery was a bit defective. I was supposed to be getting around 20 hours of audio playback (I have the iPod playing at work), but I was barely getting 8 hours, so they replaced the unit.

Problem solved! (I guess)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Good to know. Thanks! I had a Genius appointment today at the Apple Store and apparently my battery was a bit defective. I was supposed to be getting around 20 hours of audio playback (I have the iPod playing at work), but I was barely getting 8 hours, so they replaced the unit.

Problem solved! (I guess)

Haha.. untestable unit problems are always a great way to get a replacement at the apple store. I am so happy that Apple is lenient with replacements. I can't imagine I could've ever walked into an LG store, even in Korea, and got a replacement for my KE970.. hahaha..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77