iPhone Crackberry Rant

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
I am...sad to say...a blackberry user. I see all my friends with their cool iPhones and I think..."I WANT THAT!!" I look at my phone and I think "I hate your guts!" But I was thinking about what brought me to my Crackberry and I came back to the provider. I have been with verizon wireless since my first phone and I have never had a problem with my service. But then I think of even if my coverage was not as good, I would have a more capable, sexier phone...To me BlackBerry has the stigma of IBM...great for business not for fun. The iPhone just comes off as the device that everyone should own. I think eventually, Verizon Wireless will shell out whatever dollar amount that Apple wants and have exclusive rights to the iPhone and then everyone will switch to VW. If you have made it this far, thanks for sticking around.

-KMike

AQucsaiJr

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you... I am not willing to loose the Verizon service, but if/when they do get the iPhone I will drop my S2 like a bad habit!!:cool:

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Blackberries are sexy.. I have my 9550 and iPhone 3gs side by side.. and they're both pretty sexy.

And ignore physically 'hotness' of a phone, they seem similar side-by-side.

Both have touch screens.. both have roughly 3mp autofocus cameras...both have the apps that I need for each (aka I don't care for fart apps lol).. both zip through menus well.. you get my point. The main downsides for me is the 9550 is less compatible with my car stereo, and the iphone lacks an led and profiles. I'm not fighting bb vs. iphone, i'm just saying they're both phones - and both are sexy.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well what do your friend's with iPhone's say about their service where you live? How do you know you would be getting worse service?

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how an inanimate object is sexy. Shakira? Sexy. A phone? Not sexy.

Don't you think the Aston Martin DB9 is sexy?! :eek:

09396_2009_Aston_Martin_DB9.jpg

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I have owned a BlackBerry since a few month before the 8700 was released. About a month ago I decided to buy an iPhone and I love it!

I use the browser a lot of my phones and Safari on the iPhone is 10000000 times better than the BlackBerry browser or any other browser available for the BlackBerry. I used Bolt because the BlackBerry browser was horrible.

I do miss having BlackBerry Messenger though.

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
BBM is great, but in the end no different then something like Beejive, Yahoo, AIM messenger, etc..

The advantage to something like bbm is it's always active. So you can send your newest baby pictures, audio recordings etc and the other person doesn't have to be online. I mean unless you're staying logged in all the time on your mobile device then that is it's clear advantage to me.

AQucsaiJr

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
BBM is great, but in the end no different then something like Beejive, Yahoo, AIM messenger, etc..

IDK... I have used other messengers in the past but I have not found any of them as convenient as BBM. Might be because it is a BB app for a BB phone, but I liked it way more than AIM, which I thought was the closest thing to it.

DeliriousGA

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't leave Verizon, especially just to get an inferior iPhone. My BB 9550 has everything I could ask for and it's not locked up with the Apple proprietary garbage. It runs all of my personal and business apps I want and has phone and internet reception everywhere I go.

My biggest reason not to switch is once you get off the beaten path, my friends & relatives with any of the GSM networks are always asking to use my phone because it works great and theirs has no reception.

AQucsaiJr

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't leave Verizon, especially just to get an inferior iPhone. My BB 9550 has everything I could ask for and it's not locked up with the Apple proprietary garbage. It runs all of my personal and business apps I want and has phone and internet reception everywhere I go.

My biggest reason not to switch is once you get off the beaten path, my friends & relatives with any of the GSM networks are always asking to use my phone because it works great and theirs has no reception.

100% Agreed! This is also what is keeping me from switching from the 9550.
The only thing that bugs me is the BB Browser. I wish they would fix it.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Carrier should always be the first consideration when buying a cellphone of any kind. I think you're doing the right thing. Just get a droid or a nexus one if you want something "sexy"

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
I have always stuck with Verizon simply because of the great service everywhere...I have friends with at&t that drop calls consistently...and BBM is superior to Instant Messenger, BeeJive, Yahoo! messenger because it allows you to continue conversations without having to be logged on!

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Rk you gets points for the jailbreak comment!! Lol. As much as I love my iPhone bb was never this difficult to customize or unlock it's full potential. Some of the reasons I miss mines. However iPhones have some features that other phones drool over. I guess it's a catch 22. Service is definately most important though! And no way is any other IM better than BBM. With status updates, groups, sharing features. Bbm kicks ass. My heart just dropped knowing the features I left behind! If iPhone came up with something like that and opened up multitasking ahem no jailbreak necessary! I'd be in phone heaven!!!!

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
You do have to jailbreak but too bad there isn't a solution to make the BB a better device. Your stuck with what u buy. It's a great messaging device but it stops there. Verizon has superior service to at&t but they have issues too. Heck Sprint has better service than at&t.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77