Is anyone having a network problem with their iPhone right now?

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've just recently not been able to receive calls on my iPhone. I've been able to receive texts luckily but only when I'm connected to WiFi, which literally makes no sense because WiFi has nothing to do with the SMS.

I went on Facebook just a little while ago and everyone I know who has an iPhone is having the same problem. I'm located in South Florida. I was thinking it was AT&T having an outage, but it's not because my friends who have non-iPhone's have been having zero issues.

So, is anyone else having any problems right now?

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Local voice network is currently down here in Fort Worth, Texas. I've confirmed this with several other folks so this isn't only my iPhone.

I cannot make phone calls but data is fine. I can even make calls over Skype (jailbroken to allow over 3G). This is with no wifi access, BTW.

Is there a website where one can view AT&T's network status?

sollner

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Update

I'm in the NW greater Boston area and have No Service (of any kind) on my iPhone.:mad: I called ATT, who said it will be 24-48 hr. before service is restored. My service dropped out this afternoon sometime. I expect there will be many posts about this in the coming days.

Well, no flurry of posts. Turns out the ATT "help" desk was wrong. There was no problem with service. After 48 hours I reloaded my settings from a backup and all was well. Of course I'd missed a few calls:mad:

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I was in New York City today and experienced the same problem that I had in San Francisco two weeks ago, data applications timing out. It was particularly frustrating because I was running my battery down trying to complete them. Could not download from the app store, could not get the weather, could not check my stocks, finally succeeded in downloading my e-mail on the fifth try.

Failed to take my Verizon Mifi, forgot that I might need it. It is frustrating to pay for a work-around and then not have it when you need it.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
No service here in Southern California.

Weird thing is if I connect the phone to wifi, the service comes back. If I shut off wifi, the service disappears.

I initially thought it's probably the OS or hardware since the wifi affects signal. However, I've done a restore already and still the same.

Also, A2DP is really acting up.

UPDATE: Clean restored OS setup as new phone... A2DP working ok. But if 3G is on the service disappears. If I turn 3G off I get full bars.

Last edited: