Email Gone From Server

sandyscandles

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
This is my first iphone so I seareched the forums first and havent seen anyone else with this problem.

I usually look at my email on the phone and if it needs to be answered immediately then thats fine and I answer from the phone. Sometimes the email can wait until i get home.

So i deleted a couple of emails off the iphone 3gs and figured i would deal with it when i got home, big surprise I cannot figure out how to leave the email on the server if it gets deleted off the phone.

My husbands iphone 3g actually has a toggle switch where you can choose to leave mail on server. Not on the 3gs though. Does anyone know of a program or a way to get the phone to leave the mail on ther server at home until it is deleted at home

Thank you in advance

Sandy

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you're probably connecting with imap. your phone is just a "view" of what's on the server. thus you're deleting straight on the server.

your husband is probably connecting with pop3, which causes it's own problems and I don't suggest using on the iphone if imap is available

I would setup a "handle" folder under your inbox and move items you want to review later to it. this way it's out of your inbox and easily located for later responding.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2