Serious Stumper Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ludikris

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Here's the situation....

Girl bought new iphone 3gs, didn't sync it at all anywhere, never backed it up... just used it as phone. Its never been attached to a laptop or itunes period.

Problem: dropped in a toilet, screen is dead. Replaced complete front assembly, still no response. Iphone is passcode locked and we are unable to back it up or get all the data off it. Itunes keeps wanting a passcode.

Is there a way to get the data off the phone somehow ? It powers up fine, home/power buttons both work. The touch screen doesn't.

I've disassembled it several times, tried parts.. but no response. Apple can't do anything either...
I've reset it, held the home button in while connecting, tried blackra1n (gets stuck) ... tried all the normal hacks... zero !

She desperately needs info off the phone.

Is there a tool that will allow me to extract the data off the phone while locked ?

CHRISATITNETSYS.COM

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you do realize that to jailbreak a phone you have to wipe it? why did you try jailbreaking it?

turn it off and put the phone down right now and quit playing with it. everything you are doing could be making it worse.

to get the data off it's likely going to cost $500+ for data recovery from somewhere.

you likely didn't fry the screen but a chip inside it.

To everyone, sync and let your iphone backup regularly (weekly or more often). You will drop, have stolen, lose, etc your phone at some point. It's not if but when.

ludikris

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
blackra1n does not delete user data... I've done it before so, Im not sure what you're talking about... I don't just "do things" without knowing some or all of the consequences.
As I mentioned I know the screen isn't fried, I've already replaced it with a new one which also doesn't respond so, the mainboard is damaged. The girl who had it was clueless and never backed it up or sync'd it... that's the weird part of this whole thing...other wise I wouldn't need to get by the passcode screen to back it up...

I've been reading the work of Jonathan Zidziarski who creates a custom ipsw that before installed, injects code to remove the passcode option allowing acess to the user data.
I was just hoping that there may have been a tool outthere that already does this but it looks like I'll be creating my own ...

I still just can't believe this girl never backed up / sync'd her iphone.... :confused:

you do realize that to jailbreak a phone you have to wipe it? why did you try jailbreaking it?

turn it off and put the phone down right now and quit playing with it. everything you are doing could be making it worse.

to get the data off it's likely going to cost $500+ for data recovery from somewhere.

you likely didn't fry the screen but a chip inside it.

To everyone, sync and let your iphone backup regularly (weekly or more often). You will drop, have stolen, lose, etc your phone at some point. It's not if but when.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2