Opinion on Notifications

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, I am wondering if anyone feels the same way about notifications as I do.
When I see one, I have to look at it IMMEDIATELY. I hate having that red number beside an app. I am more or less a neat freak so that probably kicks in. I always have to clear my messages as soon as I am done with them as well. The worst is facebook, when I close it I always forget to check some stuff and there is that little damned dot in the corner, I open it back up.

I guess what I am getting at is that apple did a good job making that dot nice and annoying so I am forced to check my notifications. Does anyone else feel this way about the notifications system?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to think I have really bad OCD. I too have to clear all notification badges before I can continue through my daily routine. Email, app updates, texts, whatever. It all has to be cleared.

I do wished there were a few improvements to the notification system. Like, some way of scrolling through missed notifications when you miss one or when another notification pops up over your current one.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I posted a question yesterday about notifications. I think Apple should, and quickly release an OS that has ONE page that's has pure notifications, i.e. red numbers on it ;)

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I hate the little red numbers, too. The app update bug (where it shows you have an update, but the update hasn't propagated to all the file servers or something so you end up installing the same version you already had) is driving me bonkers. Thinking about moving the App Store icon to a back page or something.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
the numbers are fine in an of themselves

but they're not enough. I want a notification screen where I can view and dismiss notifications and load the apps from this screen

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i also have Notifications OCD!!! ive tried to ignore it and check it later but i CANT help myself!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh... :p