Tethering option disappeared after enabling it, need help on setup also

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
My girlfriends free Wi-Fi source has ended and since she doesn't have a internet source I was gonna let her tether my Iphone 3gs from time to time. It has the latest upgrade 3.1.2. She has the newest version of itunes downloaded also. After I went to Settings - Network - Internet tethering through USB (enabled it) and played around with her computer a little. I went back into my network settings and the internet tethering screen is gone.

She has Windows 7 on a Laptop. So I was working with that a little. But I was having trouble also finding what I needed to find to set up the computer to read my iphone through USB.

From the brief description I saw. ITunes does the work for you after you get the initial connection which I couldn't get that far.

Thanks in advance

Josh

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
My girlfriends free Wi-Fi source has ended and since she doesn't have a internet source I was gonna let her tether my Iphone 3gs from time to time. It has the latest upgrade 3.1.2. She has the newest version of itunes downloaded also. After I went to Settings - Network - Internet tethering through USB (enabled it) and played around with her computer a little. I went back into my network settings and the internet tethering screen is gone.

She has Windows 7 on a Laptop. So I was working with that a little. But I was having trouble also finding what I needed to find to set up the computer to read my iphone through USB.

From the brief description I saw. ITunes does the work for you after you get the initial connection which I couldn't get that far.

Thanks in advance

Josh

Are you JB? If so, did u DL MyWi via Cydia?

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
prior to 3.1.2 people found a way to tether using a carrier file, this has been fixed in 3.1.2 only way to tether now is jaibreaking.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I found out if I didn't update to 3.1.2 last week It would still be possible. On the Network settings inbetween Data Roaming and VPN it had Tethering listed. Using USB or Bluetooth. It was on my phone for about 3 months. Once I tried to enable it for the first time when it was plugged into a computer it dissappeared. But oh well. Its AT&T's way of keeping down data usages.

FYI - I've never downloaded any 3rd party apps/ downloads or have jailbroken the phone.

Josh

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
^yea i know, i remember having it too now that u mention it...but when i updated carrier settings, it went away

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2