Hidden apps after 3.1.2 JB?

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I have been running just fine since upgrading my OS from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 with Blackra1n. However after installing cydia and running a restore from AptBackup, I have noticed many of my apps are hidden. I can find them in spotlite but no icon can be found throughout the pages

I WAS using Categories app but removed it. It was not working right after upgrading to 3.1.2. Any suggestions on how to get these hidden apps to show back up in Springboard?? Thanks

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Try turning restrictions on (close to springboard) then off in settings.

ok. tried that. no change. going to try a sync with iTunes to see if the apps show up afterwards.

**UPDATE**
just looked at app layout in iTunes. it shows all my 'hidden' apps on the last couple pages within springboard. so this explains why they are found in search and are usable. but it doesn't answer why the icons are hidden. see what the sync brings.

Last edited:

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
ok, the sync yielded no changes. weird that i could see the apps in itunes but not on iPhone. it looked like those hidden apps were on the last 2 pages of springboard. i'm confused as to where the icons went.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2