getting contacts on my comp

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok...I made the mistake of letting itunes sync and do a back-up so know my latest back up is of a JB 3gs. When the mms is released on the 25th I am going to do the upgrade. Is there a way to get all my contacts on my laptop (vista) so when i restore to factory i dont have to re-enter every single contact.

I tried the:

itunes-my iphone-info-contacts but it only wants to do 04 of my contacts...

thanks

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm JB right now. When I plugged my phone in it synced up and said "performing back-up"

When I do the firmware to 3.1 or whatever it is for the MMS thing on the 25th.

And my contacts from my phonebook. I want all the contacts from my 3gs to my laptop so when i re-JB i dont gotta re-enter all of them

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Do you not have the option in iTunes to sync contacts? I'm not sure how that works on a PC, since I use a Mac. I have to believe you can sync contacts, but where they're stored in a PC, I'm not sure. Maybe in Outlook?

AlecH

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
In Windows ITunes, you have the options of syncing contacts in a few different ways, depending on what software you have installed on your Windows computer.

You should have at least the 'Windows Address Book'. This can be found (on a Win XP system) under Start->Programs->Accesories).

If you have Outlook installed, you will also have the Outlook Contacts option. If you have Yahoo, or Google GMail installed, you will have those too.

I use the Windows Address Book since I wanted to keep a separate list of contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder(s). Yes, you can always create a separate Contacts folder in Outlook and use that for syncing.

FYI even though this is my first post, I've been using my new iPhone 3GS 32GB for several weeks now, and have jailbroken and unlocked it (after doing some extensive reading), and I'm not exactly a neophyte to the tech world.

Last edited:

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
If there is only 4 contacts showing up on the computer, what are they? Are they default AT&T contacts, or are they your personal contacts? Are your contacts on the SIM card, or on the phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2