Many questions about using Calendar in the Enterprise

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
1. How do I snooze alarms for imminent appointments and meetings?

2. How do I add an attendee as a Tentative (not Required) attendee in a meeting request ?

3. How do I do a busy search for a list of attendees and resources when creating a meeting request?

4. If I change location or time of the meeting, set it back to what it was (in other words, make no changes)and back out of the meeting, it sends new notices to all attendees. How do I back out of this without sending out the notice for a changed meeting? (I think there should be a Send button for sending anything.. it shouldn't send appointment notices when I go back using the button in top left of the screen).

5. If I add or drop an attendee from a meeting, how do I send the notice to new/changed attendees only?

6. We have resources in our addressbook for meeting rooms etc. How do I add these entities as a Resource (and not an attendee)?

7. How do I attach a file when sending out a meeting notice?

Thanks in advance.

Aloke Prasad

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Of course we do all these things from the desktop (including 1).

I am hoping that the same functionality is available when using the iPhone. If not, then Apple has a long way to go before the iPhone can be a serious contender in a corporate environment.

Its not that this cannot be done .. if Apple allowed 3rd party apps as email clients.

I am having to use Outlook Web Access in Safari to avail of all features ..

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If not, then Apple has a long way to go before the iPhone can be a serious contender in a corporate environment.

the corporate environment did fine before they had these features available on a phone.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I agree that corporations don't need the iPhone. However, Apple is trying to break into that market. They need to do a better job in replicating Exchange features in the email client, IMO.