Change in 3GS battery life

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The battery used to be awesome- I'd unplug it after a night of charging at 6:30am and by 6:30pm the battery would be down to 50%-60% depending on the calls I made. I usually spend 10-15min surfing the web, then 40min browsing the NYT articles/reading books on stanza/kindle, text a bit, make one or two short phone calls. I haven't made any changes to the brightness or fetch or other settings.

My usage hasn't changed- but now the battery dies before 12hrs. It seems like it drains faster and charges far faster. And today when the battery said 20%, it jumped to 53% briefly. Any ideas as to what happened?

The only two new things I can think of are
1) I installed Kindle recently, maybe this is draining the battery?
2) I would only recharge when it would get down to < 10%. Recently I charged it when it was only at 40% a few times because I was going out later that night.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I know all about that. BT, wifi, fetch are off. Screen brightness is down. Airport mode in the subways. The thing is that none of the settings have changed and i'm getting a change in battery life.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
You might have a rogue program but the soft reset should have worked. Try a restore from backup. And if that doesn't change anything. Resore as new and re- add your media.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl