Tried MMS hack - need old carrier file

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I tried the MMS "hack" using the different .ipcc file that's out there and followed the rest of the instructions. It appears I must have the MMS opt-out switch on because even though I could attempt to send a MMS it wouldn't go through.

Here's the problem. I want to go back to the old carrier file the one that came with my 3GS, and I don't know what to search for to find it. Help?

The reason I want to go back? I did two things to my iPhone today, tried this hack and downloaded Tap Tap Revenge. After I played Tap Tap once I charged my phone to 100%. Pulled it off the charger and its like the battery is bleeding juice. I have never seen the battery drain this fast since I've had the phone. I'm deleting Tap Tap and I want to go back to the old carrier file and see if this changes anything. I have lost 10% of battery in 15minutes without touching the phone, wi-fi on, bluetooth off.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
well for one i dont think the mms hack works one the 3gs, its only for the 3g.

you can always restore it with itunes and then use it like normal...that should work

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
And it you restore the MMS hack will still stay on the iPhone. You have to file the old IPCC file you had.

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I actually found the 4.0 carrier profile posted by Tramain on another thread and used it successfully. As a side note I don't think it was either the carrier file or Tap Tap. I also remembered that I had used the app Loopt earlier so I opened it up and force quit the program. I have since reloaded Tap Tap and there seems to be no problem.

Whatever the case, battery life is back to normal. Interesting though I still have the tethering option listed under Network settings even with the 4.0 carrier file.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I actually found the 4.0 carrier profile posted by Tramain on another thread and used it successfully. As a side note I don't think it was either the carrier file or Tap Tap. I also remembered that I had used the app Loopt earlier so I opened it up and force quit the program. I have since reloaded Tap Tap and there seems to be no problem.

Whatever the case, battery life is back to normal. Interesting though I still have the tethering option listed under Network settings even with the 4.0 carrier file.

GO to setting>general>Profile> And remove the profile and then try to tether by usb or bluetooth and it should go away.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77