I run exchange server on my iPhone with work. There are two emails in my inbox that I can not delete, and originally they did not move to a new folder that I put them in on my laptop. Not a big deal but a bit annoying seeing them there all the time.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    04-07-2009 09:09 AM
    If you really need them gone you can delete your exchange email account on the iphone. That should get rid of them.
    04-13-2009 08:58 AM
    Did you try changing the delete settings for emails for that account? Touch the account in the Accounts section of the Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, and then touch Advanced at the bottom of the account's settings screen.

You can then set Mailbox Behaviors: In the Mailbox Behaviors section of the Advanced settings screen, choose
    ** Drafts Mailbox to set whether drafts are stored on your iPhone, or remotely on your email server.
    ** Deleted Mailbox to set whether deleted messages are immediately trashed or saved remotely on your email server.

You can also set:
    * Deleted Messages: Decide when deleted messages should be removed permanently from your iPhone. Touch Remove and then choose a time. Your options are Never, After One Day, After One Week, or After One Month.

I hope this helps.
    04-27-2009 08:54 PM
    Did you try changing the delete settings for emails for that account? Touch the account in the Accounts section of the Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, and then touch Advanced at the bottom of the account's settings screen.

You can then set Mailbox Behaviors: In the Mailbox Behaviors section of the Advanced settings screen, choose
    ** Drafts Mailbox to set whether drafts are stored on your iPhone, or remotely on your email server.
    ** Deleted Mailbox to set whether deleted messages are immediately trashed or saved remotely on your email server.

You can also set:
    * Deleted Messages: Decide when deleted messages should be removed permanently from your iPhone. Touch Remove and then choose a time. Your options are Never, After One Day, After One Week, or After One Month.

I hope this helps.
    There's not an "Advanced" section for Exchange accounts.
    04-28-2009 08:53 AM
    Yes, all good but. when I click on email to delete (trash) I get this message. Unable to Move Message. The message could not be moved to the mailbox trash.
    Any thoughts
    09-19-2015 10:16 AM
    I have found that if you only delete some of your emails, say 5 at a time, they stay deleted and don't come back.
    04-18-2016 03:27 PM
    Have you tried swiping he emails to the left and tapping trash?
    04-18-2016 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD