Battery Life

jstac

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
How long is the average battery life for a days work with the iPhone 3g? Under normal use I seen to be charging every night. I had the Blackberry Storm for 3 and a half weeks and I charged that phone every other day.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I charge my iPhone every day for the most part.

You probably go through your iPhone battery faster than the BB because there's so much more to do on it!! =D

I know if for whatever reason I have a few days where I don't use my phone for much other than sms and a few emails, I can last a few days without charging.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
The iPhone is so much fun, I barely but the dang thing down, and that means I wear it out the battery every day, sometimes more quickly.

If only it had a worse interface, ecosystem, and usability... ;)

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I used to charge it daily. But after I got the car charger, I usually have half the battery left by the end of the day.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I decided to shell out the $$$ for the InCase Power Slider. It's the best move I could have made. I charge it overnight and then put the iPhone in it in the morning before work. Even under HEAVY (3g, WiFi and Blutetooth ALWAYS on) usage I don't deplete the slider and switch over to the iPhone's internal battery until late in the evening.

It was definitely worth the price.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I decided to shell out the $$$ for the InCase Power Slider. It's the best move I could have made. I charge it overnight and then put the iPhone in it in the morning before work. Even under HEAVY (3g, WiFi and Blutetooth ALWAYS on) usage I don't deplete the slider and switch over to the iPhone's internal battery until late in the evening.

It was definitely worth the price.

Good to know. You should take some pics and post them in the "accessories" section.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
This probably does belong under the Accessory Thread but have you seen the new Mophie juice pack air extended battery case. Looks really sharp and is only available for preorder. Go to mophie.com. I'm on my IPHONE so can't post a direct link. And back on the original topic, I charge every night.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I took a look at it. The thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't "capture" the phone. The phone just appears to sit in it with the possibility of popping out unless handled correctly. With the Power Slider the phone is fully captured in the case. If I drop it it's almost fully (screen still exposed) protected. No dinged edges.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I bought a power slider today, I am waiting for it to charge up so I can try it out. I am not sure if I will like how big it makes the phone but I will have to try it and see.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I took a look at it. The thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't "capture" the phone. The phone just appears to sit in it with the possibility of popping out unless handled correctly. With the Power Slider the phone is fully captured in the case. If I drop it it's almost fully (screen still exposed) protected. No dinged edges.

Oh, I don't know about that. I think the Power slider looks rather klunky and only comes in black:
Power Slider for iPhone 3G : Incase Product

Here is the Mophie in 3 colors, black, white, and purple:mophie - iPhone Battery, iPod Cases, iPhone accessories and more! - Juice Pack air - iPhone 3G (Pre-order)

Main difference is the battery size: 1200mAH for mophie and 1330mah for slider.Oh! And the price: $99 for the slider, $79 for mophie.

Just FYI, check them out for yourself. And whoever gets one, let us know how they work!

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Well I just put the powerslider on my iphone, it doesn't really make a difference with the weight of the phone. It does make a little bigger but I can probably deal with that.

As of right now it is charging my phone so I will see how it goes.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
How do you like the mophie? Do you use it every day?

No, I don't use it that often because my pockets are small and it does add some bulk. It has come in really handy for trips though where, for example, I'm walking the streets of New York. I can use the GPS, listen to the iPod, play games, take pictures, check subway map app, etc. without fear of running out halfway through the day.

I'm interested in seeing this new Mophie Juice Pack Air though, although I doubt I'll buy it since I will be upgrading to a new 3rd gen iPhone and it might not be compatible. But if it can really double the juice and be thinner and $20 bucks cheaper I'm sure it's going to be a hot item to have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2