Does "night stand" app lessen screen life?

pandemicsoul

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea if the app "Night Stand" will shorten the life of my iPhone?

The basic premise is that you use your iPhone as a nightstand clock. I love the idea (and hate my current nightstand clock), and would like to use it, but not if it means my screen will end up being unusable or something after a few months?

Am I being foolish? Is there any proof that keeping your screen on for 10+ hours a day (with the clock on all night, and then daytime use) lessens how long it's good?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Thats a good question I to wonder as well as what about battery life? With the phone on all night one would imagine battery would be gone in the morning. :eek:

pandemicsoul

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Thats a good question I to wonder as well as what about battery life? With the phone on all night one would imagine battery would be gone in the morning. :eek:
Of course ;) But I would have it plugged in to recharge, as I do every night.

I'm more concerned with messing up the screen in some way. :(

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I wouldn't do it!

It will have an impact, there is no way around that. Products have a certain lifetime and this will cut it down. A lot of the time the lifetime is high enough where you would replace it for other reasons before it breaks, but in this case I can't say that I would recommend doing this.

Not only will it put more strain on the screen, but it will also increase the heat of the phone due to the screen and constant charging/draining which could lead to other issues besides the screen.

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
With backlit LCD screens, the brightness of the backlight does fade over time with usage. On my iPhone 3G, I seldom turn up the brightness more than about 25% anyway, so it would take a long time before the degradation would be a problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2