Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts

Default easy question

I am about to restore my Iphone and I cant figure out how to save my contacts to my computer.... please help

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

It depends a few factors, how you are backing up your iPhone to your computer via iTunes, what kind of computer you have? Mac or PC? If you are on a PC your contacts should be backed up via outlook, if you use Yahoo mail they can be backed up right in your Yahoo account.... all depends on your setup.
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

Nuevasync has been my alternative since hearing about it. Even through several replacements, I have my contacts synced back before I get back to the car, always live, never a lost number.

Look into it: www dawt nuevasync dawt com (won't let me post a link, darn post count. )

No jailbreaking, no install required. It syncs your gmail contacts, and events back to the phone via an exchange server. First, you simply sync your contacts to your gmail via iTunes, then set-up the exchange server (on the iPhone) as the web account registration shows you how to. It's all taken care of from there. Even a brand new phone only requires you enter the password, user name, and server info.

As an added bonus I set up my outlook at work to sync (one-way) to my gmail events via goosync. So I end up with everything on my phone, and only what my works need to know on my work calendar. That my friends is a permissions sensitive cloud solution, now; and, of course, Google's providing the interactive framework.
    Last edited by hajihill; 10-04-2008 at 03:05 PM.