2 of 3 problems solved
Three problems I do not like...
1. No picture text messaging. Its was SO easy on my razr. great to see the kiddos when not home, easily and quickly.
2. No video so therefore no video texting.
3. No voice recorder. I like to leave myself voice messages and email them to my email account. When I am on the road, its MUCH better than writing something down.
I, and these awesome forums, solved two of them today.. thought I would share..
I was about to return my Iphone today!
1. On my wifes's phone, I added my email address to my contact page in her address book.
When she wants to send a picture, she simply takes the pic, and texts it to my email address. She just has to scroll from my cell number to get to my email address. No biggie.
I have the iphone set up to receive my email with the click of the "mail" icon on the front page.. so, that works well
And, I can take a picture and email it to her phone email address MYWIFESNAME@pm.sprint.com (I had her sent me a text to my email address and discovered she had this email address for her phone!) and it goes to her phone as a text! Sending a text to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org did NOT send a text to her phone (not sure why) but sending it to the email address worked everytime.
So, we got picture text/email!
When I get MobileMe set up, the email to georgedean.com will be in real time to my iphone (along with my outlook calendar)!
2. I have NOT tested receiving video from her. I can NOT send a video from my phone yet BUT I am sure an application will be available soon.
3 I bought a .99 application to record sound and it will also email it to my email address. I constantly leave myself voicemessages as a reminder to do something.
I think I will be keeping the iphone!
I hope it was ok to post this b/c my past thread got closed.