Question about purchasing Iphone at Apple Store

mweglarz0

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Ok..so the apple store near my house has been out of iPhones for a couple of days now. Shipments should be coming in tomorrow but I will be in michigan for the weekend with no chance to buy the phone.

I was wondering if it was possible for my mom to go to the store tomorrow and buy the phone for me since I am eligible for an upgrade.

But...

--Does my old phone need to be there?
--Does she need to have my SIM card at least?
--Or can she just buy it with nothing and I can keep my phone in Michigan until it deactivates? (The apple employee told me that my old phone will de-activate once the iPhone is activated).

Kind of need a quick repsonse, sorry for the rush guys. But I'm leaving in like 30 min and wondering if I should leave my phone with my mom for tomorrow!

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
With Verizon you can put an authorized user on the account.. not sure about AT&T... you might want to call on that to find out. I was the authorized user on my parents account (with the port I put the account in my name) and I was able to upgrade no problem without the account holder there. Call AT&T to ask... then call the Apple store you are going to and ask if they have an issue with it.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
In AT&T stores, you can have anyone with access (authorized user) do this. Apple may be different, but I would call Apple and ask them if they would be able to call AT&T while in store to verify that your mom is authorized... that's if they are unable to see if themselves at the Apple store.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Why don't you just buy your phone in Michigan? Doesn't matter where you the phone from, you can port your number over anywhere.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77