Music in the background?

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
So I know that apps aren't going to be able to run in the background, but does that include your music as well? Is m music going to stop playing so I can reply to a text, send and email, check a website, etc? If so that would kinda suck...

BaLLi5t1c

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
That's actually a good question. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to the iPhone's capabilities but I just assumed that it was implied the music would keep on trucking. Any help?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Your music does play in the background. Only time it stops is when you get a phone call. After the call is done it resumes.

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Good to know. I was just thinking...wait if they don't want things running in the background does that include my music too? Good to know they're not that dumb =P

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
My friend called me the other day and he played music on his iphone and I could hear it clearly on my end.

It was probably playing on his stereo. Otherwise, he has the only iPhone in the world with that feature/bug. Unless you can provide proof, I just plain don't believe you (sorry).

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My friend called me the other day and he played music on his iphone and I could hear it clearly on my end.

Sorry not gonna happen. Now what can happen is he can physically go into the iPod features while on a call and start music which would play through his headset on the call as well but you do not hear it. (I just tried it...) But if you are playing music and a call comes through the music stops until the call is over... plain and simple.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2