Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Black!

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nakheel

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I think that the black one would probably show scratches more, no? I guess it depends though on what's underneith the black (i.e. more black? Or a lighter coloured material that would show if the surface was broken?)

But black is just coooooooooler!

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I don't think that the white says "girly", but I don't like the way it looks. I would pick black. I also think that more whites would be stolen because it would be obvious which phone it was. Also, covers/skins would hide the color anyway.

jaimex99

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
White screams status

It's easier to decide than you may think...
If you want to look cooler, the white iPhone gives you status because it is only available for the 16Gb. Anyone will be able to have black iPhone, but only those who pay a little more will have the chance to have a white one, why not advertise it?

Now... if you plan to use a cover for your iPhone, it does not matter.

Personally, I prefer the black one, because it looks more coherent with the black front.

Nakheel

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I've decided I'm getting the black one. If you go to the Apple website, look at the new video they have (with the same guy who did the iPhone 2G's walkthrough). He's got the black one. It looks very sleek and shiney in his hands. Check it out: Apple

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
It's easier to decide than you may think...
If you want to look cooler, the white iPhone gives you status because it is only available for the 16Gb. Anyone will be able to have black iPhone, but only those who pay a little more will have the chance to have a white one, why not advertise it?

Now... if you plan to use a cover for your iPhone, it does not matter.

Personally, I prefer the black one, because it looks more coherent with the black front.

I think Apple should have made the front white as well.

BaLLi5t1c

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I don't think that the white says "girly", but I don't like the way it looks. I would pick black. I also think that more whites would be stolen because it would be obvious which phone it was. Also, covers/skins would hide the color anyway.

I've seen this opinion before and I don't see how that's relevant at all (with regards to the likelihood of being stolen). If there's a low-life who is willing to take the chance of stealing someone's iPhone, I HIGHLY doubt they'll decide against it based merely on the fact that it might have 8 gigs as opposed to 16. That would be like someone breaking into a house and deciding not to steal a tv because it doesn't support 1080p. Stolen merchandise will turn 100 percent profit so it's a win/win if you're a lowly criminal.

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
IMO, the white looks pretty tacky being all white on the back, then all black on the front. As mentioned by a few other people, it also says "Hey I have the expensive one." Black is just more my style I guess. Now the question of whether I want 8 or 16GB hmm...

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
Definitely black for me. Although in the end it probably won't matter much since I'm planning to protect my new baby with a full coverage case ASAP.

hobyphone

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I'm definitely going black. Especially because my wife may get one in a few months, and she'll probably want the white one. Then we'll be able to tell them apart.

mudcat430

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm having a hard time deciding. Although I hate to sound like a douche-y elitist, I truly can't stand to go around seeing everyone with the same color, so I may go with white. I got a white 5g iPod for exactly that reason and didn't regret it at all, but I think I like the whole iPhone being black. I don't understand why they couldn't just make the front of the white iPhone white. It would be a guaranteed buy for me. I guess I'm just going to check them out in real life on July 11th and decide then.

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Haha..Not sure if this is the Ultimate Decision for your phone but ....black is beautiful.. But I'm just gonna get a good case for it so to me it's really the resell value... Just need to know what will last longer

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm gonna have to agree with some of the folks here. I seriously doubt a thief is gonna pass up the chance of stealing your iPhone just because it's black and might be a 8GB.

Also, the idea that white is a girl color is also ridiculous. The first few generations of iPods were only white, as are the headphones they come bundled with (although the headphones should be replaced, as they are very crappy). I think white is a 'traditional' Apple color. Also, how many phones do you see floating around that are white? How many people have black phones?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm gonna have to agree with some of the folks here. I seriously doubt a thief is gonna pass up the chance of stealing your iPhone just because it's black and might be a 8GB.

Also, the idea that white is a girl color is also ridiculous. The first few generations of iPods were only white, as are the headphones they come bundled with (although the headphones should be replaced, as they are very crappy). I think white is a 'traditional' Apple color. Also, how many phones do you see floating around that are white? How many people have black phones?

Exactly what I've been saying... most phones out there are black... something different is pretty cool. Again white gets my vote.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2