IPhone Bug ????

Joemhz

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Very intermittently my phone does not automatically check for email messages. It will sometimes go the entire overnight period without doing a search for email.

When I pick up the device in the morning and hit the unlock button, it does the search. Rebooting solves the problem for a short time then it fails again.

Hs anyone noticed this problem with their IPhone ????
:mad:

patput

Jun 25, 2008
www.mwpbooks.com
Sounds like what occasionally happens with my MBP. It's like it sleeps so deeply that it loses it's wifi connection. Had to change my energy saver settings in system preferences to solve this.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the club. This has been a sleep bug since launch. The only known fix at this time is to reboot the device after you notice that it happens, unfortunately. I used to just reboot the iPhone every morning when I woke up when I first owned an iPhone, and now that I am using one again, I have just continued the habit.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
See the only time I've had issues with this sort of thing is on my Yahoo account. Hopefully it's not like that on the new firmware.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
The first time I had the iPhone was from firmware 1.1.1 through 1.1.3 and I had the problem intermittently with all of the firmware revisions. I am now using 1.1.4 and still having the problem.

I hope 2.0 fixes it as well, but I am not hopeful. I really did find that rebooting the phone every morning keeps the occurrences to a minimum, but a real fix would be awesome.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
From a Windows Mobile perspective Active Sync is rock solid. So maybe it will be fine for Exchange users. I don't think mobileme will use the same techonology.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
From a Windows Mobile perspective Active Sync is rock solid. So maybe it will be fine for Exchange users. I don't think mobileme will use the same techonology. So there is hope it will be fine.

I agree with you. On the other hand with gmail and yahoo, I know that every time Yahoo has messed up Apple points the finger at Yahoo, and they acknowledge that there is a issue on their side. I must say that my Yahoo has been working fairly well as of late.

joshboldman

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Totally. This tends to happen about once a week, and like some have already said, all you can do is reset the iphone and wait for it to do it again. Not very proactive, but it does help to reset each morning.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I should probably quit worrying, because in a mere 184 hours I will have activestink in OS 2.0...BUT...I have connection problems with our Exchange Server running IMAP. Every so often it just gives a "cannot connect" error message. In addition, I didn't realize your email is not downloaded and you have to be connected even to read old emails...how crappy.

jaimex99

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
All the time

Very often it happens to me that I check my e-mail from my iPhone and after doing all the pretend connection to the servers, it tells me that I have no new messages (well, it just does not show anything new). However, I log on to my Yahoo account or my Gmail account and there are 5 messages waiting from hours ago. It's just not reliable. I am hoping they will fix this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711