- 08-19-2007, 10:40 PM #2726
Oalveraz, I'll save you the time. Search for "broken antenna" on TC.
Review the threads...there are maybe 6 people who have dropped the Treo and had the antenna break off due to a drop. And that's since the Treo 600.
Wow...that seems like such a big problem (at least with according to the search).
Next time you want to assert some tripe, I suggest you be ready to back it up.
(Archie, is that you?)
- 08-19-2007, 11:11 PM #2727
iPhone users feeling stupid ... I thought that was their natural state...
Join Date: May 2007 I am waiting for Apple to relase the update that will enable ringtones through iTunes. Funny thing is that people expect the custom ringtones on the iPhone. And when I tell them iPhone doesn't have it. They are like, . And the next few words are, "But doesn't it sync with iTunes?" And I have to tell them although it syncs with iTunes and play all the songs, the songs can not be used as ringtones. I feel kind of stupid everytime I have to repeat that.
- 08-20-2007, 07:52 AM #2729
- 08-21-2007, 12:21 PM #2730
- 08-21-2007, 12:50 PM #2731
- 08-21-2007, 05:45 PM #2732
the thing is that some users out there could care less if they could assign their latest boyz to men clip to their ringers. it might seem stupid that the iPhone doesn't allow for such but customized ringers beyond what the iPhone already offers seems almost sophmoric in my opinion. but i do understand that some out there might want that option so either they would have to wait for an update or keep what they currently have.
they're ringtones for crying out loud......
- 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM #2733
Fact is, even the simplest flip phones have this feature and people have become very accustomed to it (it's even a big money maker). With 4-8gb of music, it is not surprising to for people to connect the dots between their music and ringers, noticing something missing that their $50 old phone could do.
The big question though is of $$: IF Apple enables this in the future, will it be open or iTunes restricted e.g. you have to buy each ringer. I presume the latter.
- 08-21-2007, 06:42 PM #2734
- 08-21-2007, 06:54 PM #2735
- 08-21-2007, 07:26 PM #2736
- 08-21-2007, 07:46 PM #2737
-Oalveraz silent on his Treo antenna breaking assertion, I supposed admitting he got his bluff called by asserting a falsehood.
- Apple update comes out...just bug fixes.
- Apple selling refurb units, $100 off. This to me is big news, indicating they are not selling as many as thought and getting a lot of returns. Who sells refurb phones, esp after being out less than two months? (I know Sprint gives them as warranty replacements...) I think this is a downscale move by Apple, but I guess we will see.
- 08-21-2007, 08:37 PM #2738
No other manufacturer seems to have a problem letting people personalize their phones. Usually it's the carrier who does the stupid DRM thing with your ringtones, which makes me wonder if ATT and Apple(since they own DRM iTunes) together didn't have a hand in this deliberately, meaning that feature was left out on purpose.
- 08-21-2007, 08:40 PM #2739
- 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM #2740
- 08-21-2007, 09:15 PM #2741
- 08-21-2007, 10:40 PM #2742
- 08-21-2007, 10:44 PM #2743
- 08-21-2007, 10:47 PM #2744
antenna's breaking off do happen....hardly a falsehood. keep trying.
- 08-21-2007, 10:48 PM #2745
- 08-21-2007, 10:51 PM #2746
- 08-22-2007, 12:07 AM #2747
oalveraz, you are such a liar, it's pathetic.
You were not joking on the antenna comment...you just didn't expect to get pwned so fast.
Who care about thread views? That is completely irrelevant.
Less than 6 (actually I think 4) cases of people dropping their Treo and breaking antenna of of how many millions sold?
Yes, it's a falsehood because you implied the problem was a common, known issue. It is not.
No need to try again - the first time was enough to show you were wrong.
- 08-22-2007, 12:19 AM #2748
And by the way, the use of ringtones is hardly sophomoric...it's big business.
Face it...Apple excluded it until they could figure out a way to make you pay for them.
But hey, they are just maximizing profit...the fact they got the Euroboys to cough up 10 percent of call and data revenue is a testament to their focus.
The fact they milked AT&T did surprise me, but to see the Euro telecomm bend over was surprising.
I wonder how long before Nokia, Sony, and the other start wanting a cut.
- 08-22-2007, 01:07 AM #2749
- 08-22-2007, 01:10 AM #2750