- 06-18-2007, 08:25 PM #176
Originally Posted by oalvarez
Many do require that--in fact all WM devices offer the basically the same core functionality, that is what it is sold on.
Since we don't have actual sales numbers of anyone, it's hard to say if Palm is not selling their devices. Sprint, Verizon and AT&T all seem to keep returning for more.
- 06-18-2007, 08:49 PM #177
just look around this place Mal, it ain't hard to find people (and some long-time Treo lovers) who are discarding their Treos for less heavy and more slim devices. maybe not just because they're less brick-like but it's for something that Palm has failed to give them.
it's ok man, love your Treo...if it works best for you, awesome!
i just think it's a brick.
- 06-18-2007, 09:25 PM #178
- 06-18-2007, 09:37 PM #179
- 06-18-2007, 09:48 PM #180
- 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM #181
- 06-18-2007, 10:09 PM #182
It's all about what you, the individual, needs. If the iPhone suits your needs, then it's for you. If not, stay with the Treo or whatever. Why all the iPhone bashing? Because it's different? There's a lot of hype? The stock is rising? You hate black mock turtleneck?
- 06-18-2007, 10:15 PM #183
- 06-18-2007, 10:37 PM #184
There's only one true certified iPhone basher here. I won't mention any names, but I'm sure you all know.
I myself am just trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle. So I ask questions about what I'm getting myself into. If only they hadn't tied it up with ATT so tightly!! I don't even think you can buy the iPhone through Apple, all ads say ATT only. Due to that, they lose flexibility and I am not a fan of that.
- 06-18-2007, 11:03 PM #185
apple store reps continue to say june 29, 6pm...any related additional info they don't seem to have.
don't worry Lady Treo, even if you don't try it out the next gal will giving her the chance to put it under her signature as a testing device.
- 06-18-2007, 11:16 PM #186
- 06-18-2007, 11:18 PM #187
- 06-18-2007, 11:19 PM #188
- 06-18-2007, 11:19 PM #189
- 06-18-2007, 11:25 PM #190
- 06-18-2007, 11:52 PM #191
Second, I did say this, which as far as I can tell...does answer your question:
- 06-19-2007, 12:04 AM #192
- 06-19-2007, 01:20 AM #193
- 06-19-2007, 01:32 AM #194
- 06-19-2007, 03:02 AM #196
- 06-19-2007, 03:27 AM #199
Doesn't help a Treo 750v with no wifi (without wifi card), does it, especially with Vodafone and their poor data plans.
Didn't the self-same Nokia have huge issues with bricked devices after allowing ROM updates at home for the first time?
Sorry for another Nokia perspective
Btw, it is the WM OEMs that are relevant here rather than MS isn't it?